1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

An Ashdown MAG-400 410 combo maybe?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nateo, Apr 12, 2006.

1. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I haven't spent much time in the amps section here on TB but I'm looking for some info and I figure you nice folks can help me out. Just today I spotted an Ashdown 410 combo (red face, supposedly the MAG-400 though I'm not sure) for sale locally for $800 CDN (that'll be about $697 USD or 398 GBP) and I'm wondering if that's a reasonable price. I've been looking for something a bit more powerful (I'm still running an old (and rather abused) 60W 1x15 combo) and I've heard some good things about Ashdown. Unfortunately I think this model is out of production so I couldn't find any current pricing info.

I asked the guy if the price is negotiable but I haven't heard a response yet. Any information you kind folks can give me would be greatly appreciated.

-Nate

2. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    I have a 300W (well, 307W :rolleyes: ) MAG 410 combo.

They're great, sound fantastic and mine's good for rehearsals, but not quite enough for gigs if Im carrying the FOH.

When I first got it, I didnt care about the weight, but now I've seen the error of my ways and it's going. Far too heavy for me.

Anything specific you wanna know, just gimme a shout. :)