1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

An ATK305, two triplebucker pickups, two Seymour Duncan Triple Shots, and confusion

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fretlessman71, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Alright, here's the über sweet plan:

Got my 2nd triplebucker installed in my bass. Pics to follow soon. :hyper:

Also got two of THESE: http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/accessories/triple-shot-mou/triple_shot_swi/

For those who'd rather not go to the link, it's a system that allows you to have complete control of your humbucking pickup: either coil solo'd, both in series or both in parallel. I'm going to do this to BOTH pickups in my bass, thereby giving me a total of 24 tonal options (do the math; it's fun!).

The idea is to cut the rings off, sand them smooth, and just have the switches on the face of the instrument above the pickups.

I plan to use the already-provided toggle switch on the ATK for pickup switching purposes. But I guess I'm going to have to ditch the little circuit board that goes with it (I think that's the circuit that cuts the highs on the "left" position, but I'm not sure). Has anyone ever modded their ATK in such a manner? I'd love comments from people who have tried stuff like this before me...