1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

An Aussie Loving US Politics

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Hello America :smug:

I am Australian and unable to vote in your fine country. However! I am really enjoying your presidential clown show. Like, really. Was it always this fun? Oh my goodness. The Republican debate! Wow. What is Rubio even saying? Ben Carson checked his wristwatch during one spectacularly muddled delivery. I mean, when Carson is checking his wristwatch... that's shade so cold it'll work your moon-tan. Also really loving the colossal helplessness in Jeb!'s eyes every time Trump takes a gigantic steaming meteoric shower of poopie all over him. Jeb!

Your Democrats are less amusing but, I guess, seemingly more electable for it. Personally I am feeling the Bern quite deeply in my sociopolitical urethra. I like that guy. That said, Australia has been languishing under an unashamedly racist far-right government for years now and what we wouldn't do for someone who wants to get totally Fight Club on things. Grass is always greener, all that.

PS. If anyone is wondering how I stumbled into another country's politics it's because of my work (journalist). Come for the research... stay for the lunacy buffet.

DiabolusInMusic and Immigrant like this.
  2. As much as I find this to be a very interesting topic and would like to join in here, politics is basically a no-go on TB.
    I'm a bit surprised you even created this thread as you're not a newbie. Better let this die.

3. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Not with that attitude, my good man. Come now, supremely worrying real-life comedy is the great equaliser of men, women, and transgender individuals!

Immigrant likes this.
  4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

You might want to read the forum rules.

5. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    There is nothing in the TalkBass constitution about a boy with ringside tickets to the most electrifying entertainment spectacle of 2016?

Immigrant likes this.
  6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Munjibunga and twinjet like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.