Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

an avatar cab question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ojthesimpson, Jul 22, 2003.

1. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    what cab would you prefer... a Nemesis 8x10 800 watts at 4 oms cab OR an avatar 4x10 and an avatar 1x15.
    Running through a Gallen Krueger 1001rb.

2. I'd go avatar...

Just me though,havent heard much from Nemesis,and also....410 and 115 would be way easier to carry

-Jon:oops:

3. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    my thoughts exactly but since it's mail order im not going to be able to compare.... which makes me nervous.
    Nemesis is made by eden. It sports eden speakers. The only reason I bought it was because it was from a friend for $350. For something that a year earlier cost $999. I couldn't say no.
    I'm not to pleased with it now. I really want more low end sound. I have several people (all online unfortunatley) ramming avatar down my neck. So if I can get some sensible advice on how they hold up. Im going to ****ing buy one.

4. I'd sell the 8x10 on here,I'm sure it'd get picked up buy someone...and put that towards a 4x10,and 115...or if you want big big big low end,118...

It's your choice...that is just what I would do if I was in your position.

Good luck.

5. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    so you think those avatars can out preform an nemesis 8x10 with eden speakers?

6. I have no idea...I never heard them,but I am probably going to get them in the future...

however,just the 4x10 can handle 1000 at 4 ohms...

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    My Nemisis 4x10 is a monster now that I've replaced the horn. I'd always felt the horn's protection bulb was comming on long before the speakers were near their peak. I was right.

However, it's not a bottom-endy cab. I stick it on top of a 15, sometimes my Eden 2x10, and it sounds pretty darn good. Especially for the price. And it's not heavy for a 4x10.

I've never played Avatar so I can't compare. But I feel you'll be happy with the Nemisis.