1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

An Electro-Band with a Fuzz-Bass and Drums? (+2 Questions)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AXX, Apr 17, 2009.

1. AXX

AXX

Apr 17, 2009
    Hi, Sorry for my bad English. I'm a Germany Potato... :[
    So i played Bass in a Indie-Rock Band since our Guitar-player have fire me, because i used an Fuzz-Effect. And it had not so passed to the Sound of the Band. He pissed me of and i had gone. The Drummer and Keyboard have gone with me because i wrote ALL Songs. I want Practice with them. Because i found at home an freaky Electro-Sound with the Fuzz at the Bass. I made an Song with Electro-Basslines. We Practice tomorrow. Ive download the Tabs from some interesting Songs from some Rappers, Daft Punk, Some Electro-Songs by ear, and some Rock, Metal.(Played in Electro-style)

Question 1: Should i excuse the Guitarrist and go Back to the Indie-Band or stay at my Electro-Projekt?

Question 2: My Bass was very cheap, so i want buy an other, better Bass. I thougt on a Dean Edge 1 Bass. Because i like this Sound mostly: (and its the little brother of the Edge One)

Question 3: I had an Gallien Kr├╝ger 400W Amp for Gigs. But no Amp for Practice at home. How about the Peavey Microbass?

Thx for answers! (And please in easy English if its Ok)

Greets from Germany!!! :)

2. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Mar 1, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
    Why not have both bands? I'm in an indie/alt rock band and I'm going to start an electronic music duo with another friend.
    BTW I'm looking for some inspiration for house and electro basslines...any band suggestions?

3. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    I say just do the electro music. The guitarist is stubborn like most, so the same problem will arise again later.

4. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Mmmm, potato salad.

5. hypergregoire

hypergregoire

Apr 20, 2009
    seems like your guitar player is not thinking very well..
    he should have known that kicking the main songer writer out of the band would kinda break the whole band up...

and for that matter.. if you like the indie band you were in, and you did write all songs.. kick out the guitar player and look for a new one.. and also do the electro thing offcourse. i also like to do as many projects as possible.