1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

An Epic Of Effects; A look at all own/pre-owned/future owned effects!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RCCollins, Apr 1, 2009.

1. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    I don't have the ability to transfer my stockpile of clips from cassete to mp3 but I thought i would share ththem with you anyway. I'm really good at describing bass tone and effect sounds so if you close your eyes you can get a pretty good idea of how it would sound with your rig.

I'm just going to say a brief thing about each effect and why I don't own it anymore or why I will never sell it, etc.
    And if the soundclick links aren't working, try again later. My newer stuff will go on putfile.

First off is the..

ELECTRO-HARMONIX NANO CLONE
    Category: Delay
    175$

Description:
    An easy to use and superb analog delay. One of the best out there in my opinion. It retains the low end so well and the sound had that vintagey slapback spring delay vibe to it. Also it sweetens your volume when engaged, so it doesn't hurt your ears so much. If I had the money, I would pay somebody to make me a true bypass version.

Do you still have it? Why or Why Not?
    The reason I sold it was because it was too big and I found a replacement. But it'll stay on the top of the list forever.

MXR EVH Phase 90
    Category: Flanger
    $300

Description;
    It's the coolest looking pedal I ever owned. One knob for the gain. That was a fun pedal but it was way too versatile. It had a great sound but I'm not a big fan on swiss-army-knifes.

I sold it to ftp because he wanted it and I just didn't want it anymore. He loves it so that's cool. He buys all kinds of garbage I have no use for.

BBE SONIC STOMP
    Category: Reverb
    $1000

Description:
    Wish they made this thing for racks. Such a transparent effect, I couldn't even notice when it was on and off. Somebody told be it seperates the space between your low notes and your high notes so i bought it without trying it first.

I'll never sell it because that would mean I would have to admit I was wrong.

LIL'RC AKA LUBE POLISH
    Description: Fuzz
    ~95 cents

Description:
    This pedal is great for grinding grits. It's pretty good for grinding other kids of grain too. But ah, the grits. It's a love or hate pedal if you dont love it I hate you. What a grit machine...:D

The LIL RC will never leave! Just because I named it after myself :D

2. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Why did some of your future effects leave your board? :confused:

3. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    i'll travel back and add more later

wait a second that doesnt quite make sense, does it?

4. dantheman6690

dantheman6690

Aug 10, 2007
    APRIL FOOLS!

5. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    le sigh :rolleyes:

6. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    hahaha good stuff. More informative than the original!

7. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Aww, is somebody bitter? :D

8. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Ya, this thread won't be confusing to anyone who's searching in a week, or month or year.

Jeesh.

9. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    it'll be gone after today silly

10. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    That would require new users to actually using the search function before posting their questions.

Which reminds me, I need to start that "HoW cAn I gEt ThAt TiMmY c DiStOrTiOn?!??!?" thread.

11. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    yeah, because someone doesn't go online anymore! get on AIM foo!

12. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Now I feel like a fool.

I always thought chronicle had the best reviews?

13. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Blah. Hold on.

14. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    How's the new Boss DNA Folding/Mitosis distortion?

15. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    I didnt like how the osmosis covered my entire pedalboard with water. Plus it sucked some lowend...

16. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Not good. I thought it would be a perfect synthesis with my board, but instead it created two major gaps in my EQ. But it must have sounded alright, because by the end of the set I saw some awesome cleavage. Still, I think it's going to split from my collection.

17. I can answer that. I just picked up NINe OF EM cUZ THAT is what timmy c uses:bassist:

I find that the fretless de simulator adds a harsh outreach of Maripichu tones via the Y coordinate on susequent maps. I found upon plugging it in that entering your social security number into it yields teh best backward acoustic simulator tones since the dawn of Kool Keith.

Now running it through my 7x32 cab and signature Ranch Pad tweeter cabinet, I found that I could achieve sounds similar to those described in the sequel to the Bible, "The Bible Goes West".

When i kick in the "you can't handle the true" bypass mode these boxes really shine!!!;)

In conclusion I wish they were available on earth rather than having to go all the way to Omicron Percy I 8 to get them.

7!

CLIP ADDED.

Notice the Muse tone!

18. did any one try out the Ibanez Surrealist Applictor/Potentiomiter?

It will rock. I ordered 3 for now!!!