Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

An Epifani New Year!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boogiebass, Jan 1, 2003.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Some guy called me out of the blue today (very nice fellow) and expressed interest in an SWR Triad I cab I had for sale. Turned out he wanted to sell his nearly new T-310. You know what happened. I passed along the SWR and some cash and now have another cool, small cab option for the generally small rooms I play. Sounds nice with Aguilar DB650 and Mackie.

[​IMG]

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    farkin' sweet, boog!

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    *don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets,don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets*don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets,don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, don't need more cabinets, *

Phew!! that was close.:(

4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Congrats, BoogieBass. Sweet rig you have there.

5. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Sweet deal, Boogiebass! I bet that sounds something similar to my rig. Enjoy!:cool:

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    steve!

love that avatar! wish i could steal it, and paste "Joker the Wuss" underneath it.. ;) :D

7. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Well of all the....luck. Cool deal Boogie. That does sure look like a sweet rig.

8. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Nice!!!

Does it have the neodynium speakers in it? And how does it compare to the Berg HT2x10? Just had to ask.

9. How does it sound compared to the Triad you traded?

10. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    * yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yes you do, yoes you do, YES YOU DO!!!!!!!!!

11. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I have one also that I bought used...no trade however. With no PA support whatsoever, I've had plenty of volume for up to medium sized rooms with up to 400-500 people. Our band is not quiet by any means but, we're not 150 decibels either. What I find nice about the 310 is that it sounds just as good quiet as loud. You don't have to crank it to get a nice, clean and punchy tone out of it. I also am curious as to whether you have the new ultralite speakers, the 200 watt or 250 watt speakers. What kind of music are you playing with the cab/how big is the group or groups you play with, etc.

LKaye

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Dunno. I guess so. It's the newer one with the 250 watt drivers. As to sound, it's quite different than the Berg. The Berg may be tighter and more "open" sounding. The Epifani seems to have a nice mid to it, however. I'll gig with it Saturday and then I can talk about what it really sounds like.

13. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A lot punchier and not as "round" on the bottom. But I haven't gigged with the Epi yet so I really can say definitively what it sounds like. I'll post impressions on Sunday.

14. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    250 watt drivers, dunno if they're ultralite. This cab is pretty light, however. And it's just a few months old.

I play pretty much exclusively in an old fart, uh, classic rock trio these days called THE LOST PATROL in North San Diego County. We play clubs, bars, private parties, weddings, you name it. Mostly beer bars, tho. Usually not huge rooms. Me 'n the guitarist are both lead vocalists and we do Motown, Credence, Tom Petty, Dead, a little funk, etc. No metal, nothing too screamingly loud. The guitarist uses a Mesa Boogie Mark IV.

15. Sounds a lot like a trio I use to have called "GreyBeard" Made more money and had more fun with that band than anyother. Too bad it had to end.....:(

16. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Coolness.

No, wait... just keep quiet, I don't need any new cabinets either! :p

17. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Finally got around to playing a gig with the Epi 310 last night and I used the rig pictured above with my late nineties Roscoe SKB 6 (Barts, 18v Bart pre).

Very impressive. The sound was detailed with plenty of bottom but very punchy. Considerably different than the T212 in the same room with the same rig, for instance. Really a perfect cab for small clubs where you don't want to drag a big cab but still want a big sound, I think.

This place (Hennessey's Tavern in Carlsbad, CA) is small but wide with open doors at both ends and outdoor seating around fire pits. The band sets up across from the bar with tables between. Lotsa glass and carpet on the floor. It's been a bit of a challenge in the past and anything larger than a 10 just seems too boomy in there. This little cab was aces all the way! We get rather loud in the later sets when dance music is the order of the hour and the Epi showed no sign of strain at all. In the first set mellow/jazz set, it had great nuance (for lack of a better word): detailed and clean.

I ordered a cover from Nick and I'm seeing this cab making a lot of my small room gigs in the future. Count me sold.

18. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice boog,

congrats on the killer tone!

19. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Great deal, Boogie.

I think you'll love the 310 as it's 10 pounds lighter than the triad and sounds amazing.