Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

an eqing (sound production) forum?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Bigfeet, Apr 23, 2002.

1. I've noticed in both amps and misc (even effects) that there are allot of questions like "How to get that clicking sound?" or "I want the tone of a fart..." or "Growl?" It's a pretty industrious Idea, that way we'de be able have a forum to move all those questions to. :rolleyes:
    Just a suggestion...

I'd be happy to moderate it of course...:p

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    OR I could include general eq tips in the Newbie FAQ. Thanks for the idea. :D

3. Yes but ... where's the edge, and arguement? I mean those eqing threads get very interesting. "It's 220Hz that makes it growl ... No it's 250Hz and a cut at 2kHz that gets the growl with a fender jazz bass with bart #1 style pickups ... No, you're bot wrong, it's not low mids at all it's the 800Hz from the SansAmp Acoustic DI with a fretless bass that gets the best growl." :D

...anyway you're very welcome.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    It's CLEARLY a boost at 250hz and a cut at 1khz. Dork. :rolleyes:

Nah, just kidding. I'll throw in a few tips, and we can let them slug out the sticky details in the Recording Gear forum.

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    A Tone forum! Methinks the idea is solid gold.

6. Recording Gear and Equipment could use some action. Why not have sound production be a sub forum in there? Either there or in amps. Seems like they would be the logical places for it.

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I though this sort of thing was exactly what "Recording Gear and Equipment " was started up for - well at least that was what was said at the time?

My FAQ would be :

"Tone is subjective - one person's warm and rounded is another's dull and murky! One person's sharp and well-defined is another's cold and sterile! "

That's all you need to know! ;)

8. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    True, but you could say the exact same thing for basses, amps, bassists, recordings, recording gear and effects... ;)

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

And I do - quite frequently! ;)

Actually the only thing I find useful in the amps dicussions is the weight of the things and their ohmage - now that's not subjective!!

Seriously, my comment was aimed at SD who said :

"I could include general eq tips in the Newbie FAQ"