An ERB Recording ?uestion

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Sep 9, 2004.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I would like if possible to ask the ? what does one expect from a ERB recording that features the Bassist using a Bass that is Tuned Low C# F# B E.what would make you happy?after the purchase of said CD Recording?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    If the music is good. :cool:
  3. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Well I dont know really, I guess Id really like to hear the range of the instrument as a bass player. As a general music listener, I guess Id want as little noodling as possible with a tight low end. So Im gonna go with a mix between the two. Id like the hear the capabilities of the player and instrument while still maintaining the groove solidly. Not sure how much help that will be to you though Jauqo :)

If you have some more specific questions, be glad to give my opinion :bassist:

Ive liked the few things Ive heard you play on, but all Ive heard really is the Benavente NAMM videos.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I buy good music as well. Doesn't matter what bass or tunings are used... IMO
  5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I would like to know my normal speakers would be able to reproduce those low notes :D Seriously, I think I'm with Juneau. While I don't want complete wankery, I do like hearing the uniquness of the player and his instruments.
  6. I want to listen and think, "Interesting note choices" rather than, "Gee, just because it HAS 11 strings doesn't mean he HAS to use them all". Tasteful playing that serves the music is good. And a good ERB will serve the playing.