An even better idea...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Metallkasten, Dec 28, 2002.

1. I know i said i would get the electric blue 210, but how about the GK 400RB-III and an avatar 210
  2. Any reviews and or input (i.e. better ideas for roughly the same price)would be nice
  3. I lean toward the GK, warmer and fatter than SWR. IMO.
  4. I have had no experience with avatars, but i hear a lot about them, would they sound good with the GK head?
  5. should i get the 210 cab or the 115?
  6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    how about the 210 and 115? that would be the best of all worlds!!!
  7. Hey, i saw a clasified for and avatar 410 for $275!! I'm getting it!
  8. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas

you may find you don't need anything else but that's solid.

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The GK is a great head! I would most definitely go for it and the Avatar cab.
  10. Really, is there a good reason to get the 115 then, if not thats $250 i don't have to spend.
  11. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    this is purely my opinion, but I like the Avatar 4x10 by itself. I have a 2x10 and a 1x15 that I run together as another set-up, but if I'm looking for that punchy sound I just run the 4x10 by itself. I think it handles everything great--but I also don't use the lowB that it works fine for me.

you're gonna have to put it to your test to determine if you really need an additional cab. It's all personal preference. have fun!:cool:
  12. sweet, looks like i will have my complete rig sooner than i thought...:D :D :D
  13. can that GK head be rack-mounted? it doesn't look like it can
  14. I have the GK 700 Rb and an avatar 2x10, its a nice rig, im hoping to add the 1x15 soon.

2-mny-drummers - the GK heads can be rackmounted if you buy the rack ears that GK sells seperately from the heads.
  15. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I have the GK 1001rb head and Avatar B410. It sounds great. If I wan't to get louder just ad my homemade 115.