An explanation...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hambone, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Seems I've caused some trouble around here lately and I have a lot to answer for. Let me start with an apology for up and disappearing as I did, especially while in the midst of the Wish project. I never intended to let people think I had flaked but that's the way it turned out and I am sorry. You were correct in putting your trust in me as the curator of the project and I'll follow through on my responsibilities to affirm this.

I can only offer a brief explanation for my lapse so I hope that will be enough for the curious. It's complex so painting a detailed picture would be pretty difficult anyway. I don't offer it as a means of getting excused. What I AM offering is a little glimpse into my life and how I live it. I've recently begun treatment for depression that has left me in somewhat of a confused state. I'm not stumbling around into the furniture and drooling but I'm not in the proper frame of mind. My particular symptoms are total lack of desire and an anti-social streak that sometimes drives me to seek isolation. The new medication helps some but doesn't replace all of my lost will. I'm also still working on a perfect dose for the size of my head ;-) Pile all of this together with a new computer, new DSL, and about 4 other real life distractions and I reacted by sort of shutting down for awhile. I'm not out of the clouds yet but I felt I needed to get this thing taken care of.

At any rate, there it is, warts and all...
  2. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I welcomed you back in the Wish here's another...
    Sincerely hope(and pray) you're doing ok and know that those involved with this thing knew it was for legit reasons and NOT that you wanted a Wish so bad you would beg for $10 from some fellow TBers...

your honesty and integrity were never in question!

Peace bro!
  3. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Ham, just the fact that you are doing something about your problem is good enough for most of us here. You are to be applauded for your courage to admit your problem and seek help. Lots of us are behind you. If there is anything i can do to help, just ask.

4. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i suffer from a painfully similar ailment hammy. if you have any questions or just need to talk to another like soul, drop me a pm!
  5. ham, i have suffered from depression, severe depression it seems forever. hey hon, understand completely. understand isolation and all. i do it to. sometimes i just can not function for anything. been on three antidepressants at one time it got so bad. down to one now, thank god. hey, when it hits that hard, it is pure and simple hell. you have nothing to apologise for. you are, and always will be, our HAMMMMMMMM. we love you. if you ever need to talk pm me. i will get back to you. i promise. a fellow sufferer sometimes helps. not always, but sometimes.:)
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    glad you're back around here. hope things are going ok.
  7. odie

odie Supporting Member

Welcome back!!

Hang in there. Sounds like your doing the right thing to get better.
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I always knew you had your reasons.

Best of luck getting better.

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Let's all WISH hambone a that he gets back on track, and enjoys life to the fullest.

come on...someone had to do it ;)

good to see you again. :D
  10. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Good luck to you, Hammy. Never thought you'd be running out on us for the Wish. Now THIS on the other hand...

I've seen that look before...that's the "Hey, I've got this Fodera in my hands...I'm about to hit the door running" look. :D
    Again, good luck setting things straight in your life.
  11. Having not seen the Wish thread, I will not comment on it. But both I and my sister have suffered from depression at one point or another, and you have my sympathies and thoughts. I know how much it sucks. Get better soon, and feel free to PM or email me if it gets too bad. I wanna see you back behind the wheel by summer!! And that's an order!!:D:D:D

Rock on
  12. Thank you for the kind words everyone.
  13. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Depression can be tough, Ham. I hope you start to feel better soon.

In addition to your medication, are you talking to someone -- not us, but I mean a trained therapist?
  14. Have absolutely no idea what the Wish thread is but like everyone else said i hope your doing ok.
  15. I, for one, wasn't curious about your absense. I was, however, concerned.
  16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I hope all is well for you asap Hambone.
  17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hammy -

Big guy, man, I hope all is going well. I know the feeling, having been through my own dark time (and still wandering through the remnants of it still) recently. I'm here for you, feel free to e-mail, PM, or call if there is anything I can do.

You once e-mailed me a beautiful letter at the beginning of my trial, and it gave me hope and some brightness in a dark time. I just hope to be able to repay you for it one day.

On a brighter note, expect a brown truck in front of your house very soon. Hopefully that'll give you some happiness!

18. Yo hammy, hang in there-I completely empathize with you. I'm just starting to pull myself out of a severe depression that set in after the recent suicide of a close friend. My math grade has dropped 40% in the last two weeks, my french grade has gone from a 79 to a 24 :eek: and I'm carrying a D in English when I used to have an A. I've almost completely isolated myself from all my close friends and rarely go out anymore except to visit my girlfriend. During this stuff you just dont have the will to do ANYTHING. But give it time and you'll pull through. :)
  19. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    My dear and lovable Hambone, I knew you would not run on us...As X stated in here, I was concerned as well. I hope all is going well for you, and always know, that your family here at TB are going to be there whenever needed. If you need anything, ask a couple of people here, I am a great listener. I may not offer the best advice, howver, I do have a sympahetic ear.

I do love you, and glad to hear you are doing better. Keep up the good work, and if it will make you feel better...burn that wish bass :spit: :D
  20. *folds arms* HAMBONE!!!!!!! what did i tell you about playing with them strange kids in Off Topic? Get back to Setup!! :p

Oh hey people....... *looks* :spit: *RUNS*