An idea I had...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by geoffkhan, Aug 3, 2005.

1. I had an idea on the way back from a gig. I dunno, maybe this has been done before. Knowing my luck it probably has.

Don't you hate it when the prongs on power cables get bent? The one on my expensive amp is always getting bent because it's around other heavy equipment. I bend it back, but I know when you bend it back the metal weakens, and it will eventually break off.

So, what if there were little plastic blocks that you could slide the power cable end into when you're not using it? Just something to keep it from getting bent.

It's been done before, right?
  2. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    your head's power cable is not detachable?

You mean something that vacumes have to wrap the cable around or so cable just roles inside of the head?
  3. Umm, why not just buy some female power socket heads and stick those on?? ;)
  4. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    And there you have it. :D
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, but you could paint them a cool color, come up with a clever name for it, market it as such. You'd make millions!!

Do an infomercial just like Cold Heat.

6. The cable is not detachable. Maybe that's just because it's a keyboard amp. The power cable just goes into a hole in the back.

>>Umm, why not just buy some female power socket heads and stick those on??

I'll look into it. This could be pretty useful for me.
  7. They are easy enough to replace- so why worry about it? You coukld add a detatchable cord / plug at the back of your amp if you liked, easy if you know what your doing- the connections are readily available.
  8. True, but what if it breaks off at a crucial moment, like 10 minutes before a gig? That's when I usually notice that they're bent. :(
  9. ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Another use for a ground-lift plug! I'll market those and make billions!!
  10. That's exactly what I was thinking.