Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

An idea I have...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike Money, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    What if I was to buy a cheap bass.... that is in horrible condition... then send it arond TB and let whoever wants it sent to them do ONE modification/improvement on it?

It could be new strings, pick ups, neck job, a sticker... anything they think would improve it...

I'd be willing to send my squier around if enough people are willing to participate.

The catch is, I'd want my baby back within 6 months.

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I would do it if the bass was then donated to XavierG's B4K fund at the end of 6 months.

For you... no.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'd want it back to do my mod after the mods had been done.... then i would donate it to something...

come to think of it... i will donate it... but i will have to go get a bass that is not my fretless...

so if I go pick up a used ibanez gsr or something like that, then at the end it will be donated, who will do eet?

4. Ship it here...I'll mod it up.

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    If you buy a cheap and/or used bass, you do your mod on it first, send it to someone else, so on and so forth, and then it will go to X. No need to send it back, you just get first crack at it.