Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

an inciddent that happened to my sister and bro in law

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    this is kinda..
    well.. scary.. well very scary
    She called my dad today when my g/f was over and my dad got all mad about it.
    They were coming back to Jackson ,Ms(home)
    from my house because they were visiting for my birthday.. ( i got a bass cake... my sister bakes cakes alot so she baked me one in shape of jaco's bass.. sunburst in all with brown and light brown frosting.. really pretty)

well anyway enough of that
    They were coming home and they stopped at Stuckeys which is kind of like a food market/gas station.
    These 8 arab guys were getting out of this van one had a phone and was yelling really loud in i guess his arabic language. The rest of them were walking around looking at people and seeing if they were being watched, they were acting very very.. weird.
    The licence plate number was registered in Florida.. *hmmm*.. well my sis got the number and they called The FBI and my brother in law's uncle is a retired FBI agent.. so they said it sounded "serious" and it got me to thinking.. "I wonder if our lives are at danger again." Tonight Im gonna pray for all the people around the US.. New York especially...
    Im not turning this into a religious thread or anysort..
    just whatever religion you are.. pray for the US.. and pray that nothing bad happens. Because ... if this happens again.. no matter how anti goverment i am.. i still have friends in new york.. i had a friend on that plane... and i think if something like this happens again.. the PC idiots..will call me even more of a racist.. for even more things that i might end up saying..
    Im not a racist.... i dont understand why.. this country lets people in here who cant speak english..
    I cant stand that crap.. oh well
    to get that off my chest..
    This is kind of a scary situation

2. Here's an idea: try to imagine what it must be like to be an Arab right now. When everyone's staring at you and thinking "terrorist," it's hard to act normally.

For all you know, they might have been Indians, too, or Persian Jews. There's a lot of ignorance out there. My brother had to shave his beard after 9/11 because he looks Iranian.

Im not a racist.... i dont understand why.. this country lets people in here who cant speak english..

No, you're just narrowminded. By your logic, I could ask why Paul lets people on TB who can't punctuate or capitalize properly. (We'd lose JT that way. That would be bad.)

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hmmm....I wonder if all the Native Americans who lived here first felt the same way, but like, "Why do all of these people speak English?" America's a tossed salad man; no one's language is right or wrong. I sure as hell can't speak Sioux, so I'm not too worried if some can't speak english.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    my thoughts exactly...

also this thread is horrible.

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Perhaps the guy was saying into the phone, "Get on Mapquest and find me a route away from this middle of nowhere Stucky's--everyone is looking at us like we're terrorists!"

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Excellent point, bassmonkeee....

...and I think all that needs to be said here has been.

*Officer Barbrady voice: ON*

Move along people, nothing to see...

*Officer Barbrady voice: OFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.