1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

An "interesting take" on re-shaping a vintage Precision Bass -

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dark Horse, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
  2. That's disgusting. I'm tempted to buy it just to give it a proper burial.

3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

Someone will LOVE it.

;)

4. looks like an ibanez SD LOL

5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Wow, I've seen modern boutique instruments with pretty much that exact shape...

6. I just bid 20 bucks on it. The artwork alone is worth that. :hyper:

7. KingCrimson

KingCrimson

Oct 6, 2008
    +1

8. s4001

s4001

Feb 2, 2009
    Drugs are bad.

9. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Looks like it's been wearing a waist cincher.

10. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Humm, well if one likes the body shape and wood used, and doesnt mind that neck dive will probably be quite a lot due to very lightweight body. Then might be worth buying for a few bucks.

11. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    firewood.

12. I doubt it would burn very good - unless it was chopped into fine splinters

13. :hyper:

:bassist:

:atoz:

14. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    I have said it before, but if the hippies had spent more time bathing and killing lice, and less time defiling musical instruments, there would be a whole lot more nice old Fenders around :)

15. There are enough normal precision bass bodies to go around. I think the work was well done, and with the right neck, bridge, and tuner setup, it could be a killer player's bass. Heck, you might even try and make a headless bass outta it.

16. It has it's charms, but it won't cure your mid-life crisis if that's what you are looking for.

17. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    I think it's repulsive! There are enough "normal" looking people around too, so why not hack an ear off just to look different!

18. Touche. And for the record, I do like the traditional P bass shape. I just think that someone trying their hand at reshaping a pbass body isn't a crime, given that there are so very many pbass bodies out there. Although the "normal" looking people argument is probably a big reason why people get things like tattoos, piercings, etc. Maybe not to everyone's taste, but still a legit form of expression, like this pbass body mod.

19. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    +1

20. Speaking of hippies...

log.