an INTERNATIONAL gtg in INDIA!

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Feb 12, 2009.

1. yay! i'd be meeting funkalicious101 on 15th feb probably! since he is from Canada i guess it qualifies to be an international gtg :smug:
    so i thought this event shall also be posted about here. all other TB'ers are welcome too but its unlikely anyone besides two of us can really make it :atoz:.
    funkalicious101 is on a holiday here, i think, and is being really kind to bring me some gear and books :D and possibly we'd be meeting again sometime in march when he comes back to my city again.
    :hyper::hyper::bassist::bassist:

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Cool! We need more GTGs outside the US!

3. Have fun ! :) I hope to visit India in the next couple of years. TB truly is a global community.

4. Hey guys. I'm in Aurangabad right now (beautiful cave temples, I would reccomend it to everyone) and I fly up to Delhi tonight.

I've been in India since January 14th and have already seen so many amazing things. Things that make me cringe, but also things that make me smile and see the real beauty of humanity. Things I did and didnt want to see, but I think I needed to see all of them. I think everyone should.

Varun seems like a great guy and I look forward to meeting him.

I wouldnt quite call it a holiday though, there has been very little relaxing going on, I think I might need a vacation once I get home.

5. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Sorry to be "pokey" but are you in the military? I didn't know anyone had any problems with India... unless this is your vacation and I'm just completely lost. :help:

6. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    This sounds great to me, I wish I could join you. Have fun you guys!

7. Nope not military. Are you referencing me mentioning the lack of relaxation? If so its because I didn't really come for a nice cushy vacation.

And between all of the other travelers I have met here I haven't met anyone who hasn't had any problems with India.

8. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    A GTG in India?? Oh man I WISH I could make it, that would be the coolest thing ever.
    Have a drink for me guys ok? I'll be there with ya in spirit :(

9. let me know whenever you have solid plans to come here! it'd be awesome :hyper:

sure! :D
    :bassist:

10. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I'd love to visit India some day, and a TB GTG would make it even better. I hope you guys had fun.

11. yep we had some fun. we met on 15th i've been really busy with my exams after that. i even forgot to take pictures, but we would be meeting again in march so its not that bad

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021