Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

An oddball ATK on it's way to me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChenNuts44, Oct 24, 2003.

1. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2566883100&category=4713&rd=1

I snagged this bass today. I know we've got some big fans of the ATK around here...I own one myself, so I can relate. I've never seen one with a natural finish, and the neck must be some after-market replacement, but it appears to match perfectly. One thing I noticed is that the right-most tuner on the row of three wasn't installed in line with the others. It angles slightly towards the neck and body of the bass in comparison. Not a huge deal, and it was the only apparent flaw.

I think I'm going to have it shipped back home instead of to my dorm at school...gives me an excuse to stop home again. If I can track down someone with a digital camera, I'll eventually have some better pics to show off. Though I like natural finishes, I'm considering having it custom finished, depending on the cost. Any thoughts on that?

edit: Forgot to click post before I left for my 12 hour physics and EE session...class in 5 hours...and I'm spent.

2. looks like one of the nicer ones i've seen, good stuff.
    test out the jack when you get the bass though, ATK's are notorious for having faulty jacks. I still need to replace mine.

3. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I had the jack replaced on my ATK 300 when I had some work done on it. Thanks for the heads up though...much appreciated. :p

4. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Bump to see what the general concensus is on the finish.

5. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Did you contact the seller after the auction was over? I noticed the reserve wasn't met.

What did you end up giving for it? I had my eye on it too.

6. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I emailed them with a straight offer. I was willing to pay about 400 for the bass, with or without case. I figured the case would be 50-100. I figured shipping would be 30-40. My offer was 470 shipped. I just wanted to avoid the fuss of ebay after being sniped so many times. My apologies if a fellow TBer wanted to bid on it... :( I'm excited to see how it turns out though...ATK w/ a wenge neck should sound interesting.

7. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Well, you paid more than I would have, so you deserve it. Looks like you got yourself a real nice bass, I hope you enjoy it.

Mark

8. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Those aren't the best pics, but it still looks like a real cool bass. Congrats man.

9. Kinda looks like the old Peavey T4 bass.

Congrats on the find!

[​IMG]
    Treena

10. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I'm aware. After I make a trip home to pick up the bass, post shipping, I've promised better, more detailed pics. ;)

11. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Update:

Bass will arrive tomorrow in Davenport, IA. I should be there tomorrow evening to give it a run through with my rig. Pics will come soon after I get back to school. If time allows, sound will be clips available upon request.

12. Nice ibanez, never seen one with a wenge neck before... and i love wenge. (cue feelings of jealousy... now.) ;) The tuner isnt misaligned that badly, it almost seems like they were trying to center it better with its slot in the nut.

Always wished i could get an ibanez with a musicman sound but i cant find much around here... im in northwest iowa, about 4 hours north of you, but lookin at ames as a very possible school right now. Nice snag man.

Peace.