1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

An open apology

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rok51, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rok51

rok51 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    It was brought to my attention that I was guilty of posting an "unmasked profanity" by listing the first and last letters of a four letter word and then using characters for the middle. I thought I was being discreet, but a moderator felt otherwise and pm'd me about it and assessed me with a "violation".

My posts are never intended to be offensive-to anyone.

My sincere apologies to anyone who might have been offended.

Kim

2. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Like this H**L? I thought that was OK? :meh:

3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    I had to have 3 extra sessions of therapy this week because of it, are you sorry enough to foot the bill?

:p

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Sure, now you're sorry. The **** time *** want to **** with *** ** your ******** fellow tb'ers, just **** off. I'm not **ing to keep ****ing stuff like ****.

5. Don't start that %#$&*^@!@#$%^! with me bucko. I'll report ye again. :rolleyes: Doodoo head! :spit:

6. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Maybe we need to make an Open Apology Sticky??? That way, we won't have to spend time reading the many of these that are certin to come? Just a (half-serious-half-curious-half-confused) idea.

7. rok,

What you wrote was so dirty I had to sit in front of a SS amp for 2 hours to clean out the ears.

:rollno:

8. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    No offense taken by me. However, the rules are the rules.

For those questioning the use of partially masked profanity let me refer you to the TB Rules/FAQ/CUP.

I quote:
    It seems that quite a few people here on the forums don't know the rules. Read the TB Rules/FAQ/CUP so that you are not surpised by receiving an infraction.

EDIT: One last thing. Let's not have anymore "open apology" threads. If you feel you have offended someone please apoligize via PM and/or e-mail.

Threads like this turn into a train wreck 99% of the time and since this one has already started to degenerate, I am closing it.

Kelly Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.