Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

An opinion on this amp from the group...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by captainchambers, Mar 7, 2006.

1. captainchambers

captainchambers

Jan 4, 2006
    Seattle
  2. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I have a Fender Sidekick 35 I bought new in '86. The knobs (that are left) are not original on that one. I believe just about everything Fender from this time period was MIJ.

The 35 was the first amp I owned, so of course it was abused, but has held up well. I think my cone has a crease in it, it breaks up at high volume but still sounds solid at low-med volume. It was never a great sounding amp, but it's not bad at all. Still use mine, I keep it at a buddy's house. Also has a 15" driver. The cab on mine is smaller, so this one probably has a better low end response. It'll be good for practice, you might get away with playing with a hand percussionist or perhaps even a light-handed drummer. I doubt it has much collectable value.

3. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    The amp doesn't seem that impressive or uniqe really. I get a feeling that it's similar to the other Fender bass combos I've experineced through the years.