an opinion type vs. thread...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkopotimus, Apr 13, 2001.

1. ok guys, i would like to know(from people who have tried both) the similarities, ups and downs, differences, between a fender amer. deluxe. jazz five string, and the G&L L-2500, now i have played the L-2500 many a time, and like it tres beacoup much, but i've heard good things about the jazz to....

so if anyone and everyone could tell me what they know..thank you..oh yeah, it seems no one ever catches these little bottom notes, but...NO ONE HERE STOCKS AMERICAN DELUXE FENDERS, thanks!

2. Funk,
    For what it's worth, as far as I'm concerned the G&L is far superior to the AMDLX Fenders. This is coming from a Fender guy! I think the US Standard (or American Series) jazz is a better bass than the deluxe. I just don't like the feel of the deluxe, the electronics are nice though. Neither Fender 5 string is as good as the L2500. The B is a lot better on the G&L. All this, of course is one man's opinion...... Send me a message if you want to yack about them some more, cheers!
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i would go for a G&L. they are really excellent instruments. if i had to have a machine made (non-custom) bass i would have a 2500. every g&l that i've ever played sounded awesome.
  4. thanks a lot guys i'm still gonna try to try out a fender amrdx if i can, but i love the g&l so much, so thats the nicest five string non-custom around is it?
  5. Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    The g&l has so much tonal versatility and its really cool looking.I'd go with the G&L.
  6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    G&L would be my choice. I haven't spent much time with either bass, but based on my first impressions of both of them, the L2500 has the Fender beat all to hell.

It also helps that I am an avid Fender hater.