An original song of mine with 2 handed tapping on bass -- "Jupiter's Dream"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lokire, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Here's a demo of my original song "Jupiter's Dream". It's not the best in some parts since the action on the higher frets of my Ken Lawrence is too high (gonna take it in for a setup soon). It's not finished yet but I thought you might like to hear where I'm at so far.

It's all 1 track of bass using basically entirely two handed tapping

So here's a demo of Jupiter's Dream, let me know if you have any comments

Cheers :bassist:
  2. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Overall, it's pretty good. Sounds very nice! But I have to say, there are a few mistakes. Good timing too! You stay on the beat pretty well. I think it would benefit from some kind of percussion though. Also, the ending didn't really stand out. If there was a big chord at the end, it would really finish the song well IMO. Still, it's pretty cool! Keep it up. :bassist:
  3. Thanks. There will be drums in it eventually, probably just some floating cymbal type stuff though to accent certain parts, nothing real solid. And that's definatly not the end - Being a demo this is just a small part of the song and that just happened to be where what I had written / improved had ended. If you go a ways back on my acidplanet page there's another earlier demo of the song that has some other sections in it too, I just haven't figured out where they will be incorporated.

4. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I likes it. What I like the most about it is the subtle harmonic changes, it makes the whole tune go somewhere. I like progression.
    I find the tune to be very relaxing, sort of. Perhaps because of the somewhat flat dynamics - there isn't a section that is very different to the rest (different key / rythm / harmonic structure), like the "bridge" in a pop song; something to grab your attention, you know.
    But I do like it. Lovely sound, clean and plesant. Nice harmonys.