An overdrive dilemma

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Dec 9, 2005.

1. BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    So, I have rediscovered the merits of distortion - or I guess you could say high gain tube amp overdrive with a bass. And it's awesome. The other day I was in my studio and I ran my T-funk through a friend's Bergie NV610 (droool) then I connected a custom 30 watt (has EL34s) Hi-octane amp via the unbalance direct out and ran the head at full bore through my Bag End S15D. MY GOD I have found my rig!!!

SO I wrote some tunes to utilize such a sound however, I remembered that our guitarist uses my Hi-octane amp head, and the bergie ain't mine anyway. Moreover bringing an extra head and a cabinet to a gig is out of the question right now.

SOOOO, I need some guidance to get high gain tube overdrive (maybe even poweramp grunt???) through my T-funk rig. I have a muff and an EQ pedal - but I find it mostly unuseable for that type of distorted sound. My next problem is that the One of my Bagend's has a crossover with no attenuator. So when I do run any overdrive it sounds like arse!!!

I know the best way to get the sound I'm after (see above) but what can I do given my current rig to at least fake a high gain overdrive and a clean bass tone in one amp that has a hard wired crossover for gigs?

May be I should run a loop with A super tiny amp circuit (or an octal single ended high gain amp - into an attenuator then into a n EQ pedal to take out the harsh highs and blend it with my clean signal. Hmmm, maybe I'm on to something.

Any more economical suggestions pedal wise, or at least single pedal options.

2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Danelectro daddy-o overdrive. 3 band EQ, and it sounds great. It's overdrive, not fuzz like the muff.