1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

An unusual Guild Pilot?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FalafullMan, Nov 9, 2010.

1. FalafullMan

FalafullMan Banned

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm the owner of a speckled grey Guild Pilot bass.

I did my best to look up the year corresponding to the serial number but couldn't find a serial number that matched it.

If somebody could tell me what year this bass is and if it is unique that'd be great!

serial number: BE103518

2. FalafullMan

FalafullMan Banned

Nov 9, 2010
    thanks! the closest serial number i found was BE103519 which is a 1988 sb602.

bass1.
    bass2.

3. Yeah, I didn't see a what's it worth thing at all, just some help with dating it and seeing if it was a rare model. Unless the OP was edited.

4. FalafullMan

FalafullMan Banned

Nov 9, 2010
    my fault for wondering the value of my bass I guess.

good to know theres a welcoming community out there to help those who are less educated in the knowledge of this instrument.

5. O I C now! Can't get nothing past those mods. Oh well, lesson learned I guess. Welcome to TB anyway.

6. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Hans Moust, the author of the definitive book on Guild's history may be able to help you narrow it down more. That serial number list that FMIC/Guild shows is apparently fraught with problems. For example, they don't show any F47CE at all on the list, and no data from 1997 until the move to Tacoma in 2005.

I couldn't find my Pilot Pro 4 (BE104437) listed, nor my F47CE (new in 2001), nor my A-50 (new in December 1995) for example.

Go Lets Talk Guild and see if they can help you narrow down both the age and rarity of your bass.

John

7. FalafullMan

FalafullMan Banned

Nov 9, 2010
    Thank you for the sole welcoming!

Sadly, I feel the rules of this forum are rather austere and profound, so I have no choice but to leave.

Here's a tip to the mods... rethink

8. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    The rules are right at the top the "BASSES" section... That said, i've done the same thing too. :D

9. In defense of the mods, they are trying to cut down on the clutter in the basses section on a tactic used by non supporting members to try and sell gear by asking what it may be worth. I wasn't a member when this was allowed, but apparently it got to be quite a PITA.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Good to know you've got a better idea of how to run TalkBass after being a member here for two hours than the site administration does ;)
    Please take a moment to read the rules you agreed to when you signed up before you continue posting. You'll run into a lot less problems that way. For what it's worth, questioning the rules/moderation policies in the forums is not permitted either, but we'll let this one pass.

Thank you.

11. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    please contact me about this bass. i think this is my old bass.

12. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    there is a personal family story behind this bass. i sent you an email with my cell phone number. please please please contact me.