Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Analog delays? mmmmm

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by opivy3056, Jan 27, 2006.

1. opivy3056

opivy3056 Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    Hey whats up?

I have a Boss DD-6 and its really nice pedal, buts its kind of an overkill for the delays i use (which are always REALLY short). And im looking for a warmer sound.

Ive been checking out analog delays like the EH memory men (deluxe and stereo) and some of those vintage boss delays on ebay. Id be willing to spend 250 dollars at the most.

I dont really need anything with tap tempo because most of the tempos i use are wayyyyyyy too fast to tap in. In addition....im trying to avoid modeling pedals (line 6 stuff or analog-voiced digital delay.)

Based on your experience, which analog delay would suit my needs (within my price range).

thanks!

2. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I'm actually in a similar spot, I want an analog for the warmth. In a few days, Homebrew Electronics will be releasing a new analog delay in 2 versions. check it out at www.homebrewelectronics.com
    I'm very curious to try those out. I've used a boss delay too for a while now so that's the only delay I can really comment on. It's good for what it does, but the sound can be sterile at times.

3. You should look into trying out some of the Maxon analog delays. They are some of the best out there and they have versions with shorter delay times that are in your price range new. They have a couple with a third of a second maximum delay time that would be perfect for you.