1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Analog Fuzz? Help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JLP, Mar 16, 2008.

1. JLP

JLP

Mar 15, 2008
    I just started playing again and want a fuzz pedal. I play in a Funk- Rock group an looking for a slow dragging fuzz. Any suggestions?

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'd go with the Dirty Boy Bass Bully.

A ton of people here have it, and I've never heard anything bad about it. It's relatively affordable, too.

It's so worth it.

3. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    LMAO

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The Dirty Boy Bass Bully is OK, but I like the Way Miniscule Shrunken Gherkin much better. It's a lot more slow and dragging.

Tourniquet Man likes this.
  5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Yes, find a clip of the sound you want, provide some more specifics or do a search (or all three) before the peanut gallery drown you in their inanity.

6. When I think slow and dragging fuzz it makes me think of Devi Ever. However, they may be the least funky pedals ever.

7. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    When I think of dragging fuzz I think of the DNA Analogic Bass Dragger just because it has the word drag in its name. I've never actually seen one, let alone played one though. Maybe the OP should buy one and give us a review. This clip from the Bass Player review sounds pretty good actually.

Oh and I'm trying to work on the suggestion in your sig, but I just don't know where to start.

:p

8. Hah, that was one of my favourite threads ever (up there with "Did you check the batteries?" and "Atoz, the new Mosh Girl") and I just couldnt pass up that quote.

9. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    slow and dragging fuzz? just put a half shot battery in your current fuzz and it should drag/glitch.

enjoy

10. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    Time to use a phoenix down on this thread. Looking for a good analog fuzz to use on my board with my octaver and the Minifooger Analog Delay that I plan on purchasing, I assume that there has had to be a few gems released since this thread when dark, let me know please!

11. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    Idiotbox cool buzz bass fuzz is the slowest one I own, and has a very deep brassy Oberheim Ob8 tone to it.

Jay Mastro likes this.