1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Analog.man chorus distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nad, Dec 9, 2006.

1. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    I tried adjusting the internal trim pot per instructions, but anything other than the factory setting just made things worse. I tried various settings to the left and right of the factory demarcation, no dice.

This is only happening with two of my active basses, which both have awfully hot outputs, so I'm afraid I might SOL. Yes the battery is fresh.

Any tips, or are the Lakland 44-02 and EBMM Sterling preamps just too much?

Cheers and such, I'm asking here first but I'll probably email Mike later if nobody has any ideas.

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yep.

E-mail them. They are busy and may take a couple of days to respond, but are good about helping folks out with these type of problems.

3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Okay! A month later and I have my power supply, Mike told me I was exceeding the headroom of the pedal and can hook it up to anything up to 18V to get more headroom, provided it is the mono unit, which it is.

An 18V connection yields a lot more headroom. If I crank the controls on my Sterling and play VERY hard (literally as hard as I can, which I never do in normal playing), it is possible to still get a faint amount of distortion. That is to be expected, considering it is possible to distort even my ThunderFunk's preamp with this superhot bass in such a manner.

I'm good now. :)