Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Analog Missionary Nosferatu demos

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by xush, Oct 5, 2003.

1. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    gearing up for our production of Nosferatu-
    we perform an original soundtrack while the film is shown.
    Here's 2 samples of some of the more structured 'songs' for the
    soundtrack. It's all 1-take preproduction mixes, I'd want to spend more time on some of the tones (toms and snare esp) but these are our initial sketches as we piece it all together.
    no vox or theremin yet, gots to come to the show to see those...

rooftop
    very unhappy w/ snare, but strangely, it works fine live...

harpoon

Come see us in Birmingham AL Oct 14 if you're able.
    details here

2. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    ah, what the heck...
    vox track

no bass content, but the keys were played by a bassist, does that count?

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Woo Hooooo!!!

This is gonna be soooooo cool!!!! Can't wait!!

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Very hip stuff! :)

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    thanks for checking it out...
    it's definitely something different than our usual approach. I think I'm looking forward to the challenge of playing to visual cues from the movie...we'll see how it goes.

6. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Cool stuff, Mark. It totally got me visualizing a b+w horror film. Nosferatu and 11/8... something I wouldn't have thought of. But I'm glad you guys did. ;)

I really would like to see AM - come to New Orleans! The weather's getting nice.

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    thank you sir! Whenever we play the 11/8 one I'm going to tell them I'm afraid of 'losing it.'

Really hoping to head over that way. They used to gig there a lot before I joined. New manager is prioritizing now, but I would figure we'd get back over there eventually. Looking forward to meeting you.

I think we're back in Hammond LA in Nov, but as I recall that's a bit of a journey for you?

8. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Yep. :( I don't really know what's going on in Hammond that would make you choose it over here. My dad used to practice law over there, but other than that, I have no idea what it's like. Presumably there's a music scene you're hooking yourselves into, or you were told that there were a lot of B-3s just lying around. ;) I'm sure you have a good reason.

When you make it down here, I'll definitely come see you. And who knows, maybe I'll have the 10-string to show off. Hopefully I'll be able to play it well enough that I don't embarass myself completely. :D

Any chance of taping the Nosferatu event? That's something I'd really like to see.

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    definitely cool stuff, sounds really awesome. good job :)

10. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I guess the band has built a pretty good following over there. It's a little college town, and we have a few faithful fans that really do a lot of promoting for us over there.
    Always get a good turn out and this particular club pays pretty well. We've got buddies over there so that helps too.

Really want to see that 10 string, how's it coming so far? I forget what the latest news is...

We hope to make a DVD available soon, I think it will be the film w/ our score, recorded in the studio- not positive yet.
    I'm really anxious to start work on the new CD myself.

thanks again for your feedback!

11. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Thanks JT. We'll be thinking of you & Lord Only when we perform it!

12. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Well, that's not nearly as good an excuse as there being a surplus of Hammond organs. Shame.

It's pretty much all lined up. The bridge is being machined right now and work should start soon. It went from a smaller Pushic-level semi-custom to a full-blown boutique custom (well, on the less expensive side of boutique, but still), which is kind of a strain on my meager picture-framing shop salary, but it's totally worth it. What do I need a car for, anyway? Oh, to see AM. :meh: Ah well, one of these days.

:cool: Now I just need me one of those DVD players.

Normally I would give my appy polly loggies for jacking your thread, but... I don't think you care.

13. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    ha- Jack on, kind sir!
    any publicity is good publicity.

14. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Can't wait to see the show tonight!!!!

:D

15. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    wah happend dude? Hope you're OK...
    we're were worried. We had a detail on lookout for you.

16. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

Murphy's Law.....

:(

:bawl:

17. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    So, how did it go??

Man, I'm STILL buggin' about missing it..

:mad:

18. Tim Barber

Tim Barber Commercial User

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Owner: Barber Music
    Those clips sound awesome! :eek: :bassist:

Put me on the list to buy a DVD when it's done.

19. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    well sir, if I may say so myself it went perfect!
    One little glitch at the start, a stagehand had stepped on her mike and unplugged it, but we figured it out pretty quick and went on...

It was a lot of fun, went really smooth, and we played a set afterward with probably the best lightshow we've encountered so far.

Hope to do a different movie next year, maybe Metropolis.

Stopped by the Alabama Theatre on the way out, man- what a palace! Unbelievable. Just happened to bump into the manager, he toured us around; might have a new venue to play next year!

sorry you couldn't make it Mark! We missed you. Everybody was looking for ya, even had a shirt reserved...
    I'll PM you some pics.
    [​IMG]

20. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    we finished recording the CD this weekend.
    Instead of a DVD w/ the movie, we just did the
    soundtrack on audio CD. Should be available pretty soon, I think it came out pretty nice.