1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Analogman Delay on Bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fatherjohncough, Sep 19, 2010.

1. fatherjohncough

fatherjohncough Inactive

Jul 5, 2010
    New York, NY
    How is it?
    Im looking for a nice analog delay with dark repeats, no volume drop/boost, not too muddy, something similar to the echo 600/300 from malekko. Price doesnt matter

2. fatherjohncough

fatherjohncough Inactive

Jul 5, 2010
    New York, NY
    Anyone?

3. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    Grygrx has got Analogman, you can ask him.

Diamond Memory Lane is nice, has got tone control, so you can set it as dark/bright as you want. I had four of these ;) but at the end I decided that it has too many features I don't use.

Malekko Echo Dark is also great, but it is pretty muddy on extreme settings.

I finally bought Maxon AD900 and I love it. Very natural sounding and don't get muddy!

4. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    malekko 616 for a small one. diamond memory lane 2 for the ultimate end all analog delay.

5. The Analogman is all of that. It's a really nice delay with fairly dark repeats that sit well in a mix, and I've never noticed a volume drop. I'm not sure why it isn't more popular with bass players, especially on this board. Everyone here seems to have a thing for bright pink pedals.

6. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    My current board has an EHX Memory Toy (for the mod effect), a Maxon AD-999 for the best, warmest sounding analog delay and the discontinued Analogman AR20DL for it's clean analog tone. The Analogman is great. I just sold my Ekko616 as it was a bit too dark for my taste.

7. Pandafist

Pandafist

May 6, 2008
    Portland, OR
    ^ fail ^

8. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    ??

9. Pandafist

Pandafist

May 6, 2008
    Portland, OR
    haha. I'd never sell my 616. Just flipping you ****.
    carry on :D

10. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    I thought that 616 is rather bright.

11. Pandafist

Pandafist

May 6, 2008
    Portland, OR
    "Dark" is not a word I'd use to describe it.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021