Analogman juicer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kristoffer, Aug 18, 2004.

1. kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Anybody tested the analogman juicer pedal? I will try to buy a couple of pedals in the next couple of months, and a compressor is first on the list.

2. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Never played the Juicer, but I have/use a BiComprossor, which has a Juicer side to it. I like it, the Juicer is not subtle and is more of an effect than a clean gain reduction compressor. Can add some serious thump, like mixing in a kick drum hit to your bass note.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    hey Greg,
    how do you find the biComprossor on bass? I found it squished the bass even on low settings - I only used it with active basses though. Wondering if I just had a defective unit
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    My guitarist has the bicomp (as we've gone on about the other day). He is on vacation till late sunday, so at rehearsal next thursday I'll get him to let me give his a better go with my active basses
  5. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I like it a lot, though it's a fairly recent addition to the arsenal and come to think of it... I don't know that I've played it with an active bass yet. I've used with an RB5, Jazz, and Precision, though not yet with the 55-94, which should give it a good active-bass test. I'll have to report back on that...

But in terms of squishing the bass, so far I haven't noticed any, whereas I definitely have noticed it with other compressors.