Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

analogman TS9DX vs Fulltone Bassdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pacojastorius, Feb 17, 2006.

1. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    can you get a clean boost with the TS9DX, you cant with the bassdrive:crying:

2. jujube_2a

jujube_2a

Jan 18, 2006
    Corsica, France
    You can't get a clean boost with your bassdrive?!!!
    the only reason is because you don't know how use it!

3. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    have you tried keeping the drive controls dialed all teh way baack and using the volume control? also you get more clean headroom by using it with 18v instead of 9v

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Also there's the push-pull knob on the BD for clean boost. Tried that?

5. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Bassdrive has to be in "comp-cut" mode. Either pulling up the knob (older model) or a 3-way toggle switch on the newer models. Keep the drive all the way down.

6. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    ok got you yes the comp cut mode, i for:meh: got about that.but why do i still want an analogman ts9dx?

7. jujube_2a

jujube_2a

Jan 18, 2006
    Corsica, France
    IMO, Bassdrive and Analogman ts9dx could go right together.
    You can use the bassdrive as a Clean Bosst / Distortion and the ts9 to get that little grind you can't get from your bassdrive.

8. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Analogman makes some great pedals, that's why. I have plans for at least two of his pedals to show up on the board I am curently putting together.

However, you should know what you are wanting before you get it. You are questining yourslef and asking why you still want a TS9DX, and honestly if you don't know then perhps it isn't wise to buy one.

If you ARE looking for a clean boost, there are pedals tailored for bass that are much cheaper than the Analogman designed specifically for bass.

That said, what you have is called Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

GAS for short.

9. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    everything you say is true. i like the ts9dx mainly becuase i have no more room left on my pedal train jnr for anything else and if i get rid of my bassdrive i can get some more analogman goodies;)

10. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Or, you can spend a few bucks and get a bigger pedal board, or a second one and link them.