AnalogMan's Clone Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by callofthebow, Feb 26, 2005.

1. callofthebow

Oct 19, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Got this yesterday from david wilson, spent all my time playing with it before work, and then afterwards as well. (this is really helpin me get my senior project done :rolleyes: )

Anyways, I'm very pleased with it. I started off with the settings david uses, speed at ~nil and depth around 3 o'clock, which sounded pretty good, but i've also found good sounds by turning the speed up to around the 10 o'clock area, and turning back the depth to 1 or 2. This thing has quite a large range of sounds, and used moderately, they're all good. Of course, turn the speed and depth full on and you get outlandish UFO carnival music, but if you can balance the knobs it sounds great.

I allowed my guitarist to play through it(only for 2 minutes) at practice, and it just really brought the sound to a whole new level. After taking it away, it was as if the clone chorus was missing all along. He told me he wishes he could have one built into his amp for constant usage. I feel the same way, i just can't turn this thing off.

Thank you very much Mr. Wilson, i've made great strides in achieving my sound. :hyper:
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    no problem, it's a great pedal. I had the choralflange for a while, and it was good but I prefer the simplicity of the Clone.
  3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Yep, I just got one too. Sounds great with the fretless! :bassist: