1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Analysis Plus Cables

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassistloaded21, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Still, a study hosted by a company or companies whose interest lies in selling high dollar cables is suspect. A double blind survey conducted by an impartial judge would carry more weight.

2. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Just wondering...
    What is your problem with these cables?
    ...You say yourself that you haven't even tried them . :)

3. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    Let me rephrase the question: how was the listening test conducted?

4. bassistloaded21

bassistloaded21 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I dont know the ins and outs, im not an audiophile, im not trying to get all technical like you guys like to do, I simply wanted to know if anyone had used them. If not, then i dont really need an answer, and especially not a negative one if you guys havent even used them before. Dont knock it till you try it, will save you some hassle.

5. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Exactly my point.
    Thanks

I got one and I like it a lot.
    Not cheap but well worth it (to me).
    Most certainly worth trying out in any case, I think.
    At least before dissing them I recon :)

6. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I don't have a problem at all with them. Where did you get that idea? All I said was that just because they are high priced, that does not guarantee that they are better cables. If they sound different/better to you, then buy them. I don't care.

7. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    All good.:)
    I just felt that some of your posts have somewhat of a negative feel to them and really don't say anything-we all know that a high price tag doesn't guarantee much ,and that a double blind test conducted by an impartial judge carries more weight than an ad campaign...
    Hence the impression I stated.

8. i don't think it's the cables as much as the job at hand.....once you factor in the room.the rest of the instruments,the crowd,etc is it likely that any appreciable differences in sound will be noticed,by you or anyone else....there is even debate among audiophiles,and the conditions that they listen in are very different than what live venues offer......beyond build quality,i wouldn't get too worried about cables

9. Not quite PhD'd, but getting there (in Physics).

Are you trying to suggest that this speaker cable you use gives you a better sound when using a passive bass, compared to other speaker cables?

It's incredible what the mind hears when you realise how much money you've wasted on something.

10. I can't remember who it was, but there's a famous bass player who used to have a bass which had a dial on it that did nothing. It wasn't hooked up to the bass, it was just there.

And he was able to convince people that it had an affect on the sound.

The mind is a fickle thing which is easily open to suggestion.

Tho, I do remember reading something about monster cables that did have an affect on sound. The bass ones which made people think it added low end to the bass. Which basically happens because its a cheap **** cable that saps off the highs.

11. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Yes of course more than just the cabe is relevant.
    I record quite a bit an there the difference from cable to cable is quite obvious.

12. bassistloaded21

Oct 3, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I actually Ab'd one of these cables, and i definitely heard a difference, and its not just my mind, i know that for a fact

13. Then one of your cables is detracting from the sound.

If it is in a speaker cable, your previous cable was possibly loosing power due to a poor connection or couldn't handle the current.

14. bassistloaded21

Oct 3, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    youre wrong, plain and simple lol

15. You think that if you want. I know which one of us is right.

If your cables are influencing the sound, they are detracting from it. I never said it wasn't in a way you find pleasant, but it is still detracting from the original signal.

I'm guessing you are one of those people who thinks that high end power cables make a difference too? :rolleyes:

16. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    If you don't hear a difference between cables that's just fine. :)

Detracting from the sound?

17. well you did ask....if you think that you hear a difference and it's worth the extra dough.......have at it.....if you think anyone else will notice the difference on the finished product,that may be another story.....

18. bassistloaded21

Oct 3, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I didnt say it was worth the extra dough, but i know i heard a difference, regardless of what you say. The detracting from the sound is pretty much snake oil its self

19. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There is absolutely NO relationship between a speaker cable and whether the bass is active or passive. The amplifier itself makes the bass signal active, so all basses are effectively active by the time the speaker cable is involved at all.

20. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    detracting from the sound??
    What exactly do you mean by this?