Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And a new bassist is born...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sheep Man, Dec 14, 2001.

1. I was on my way home from Tom Lee's just now, and in the subway I see a guy who's obviously also just gotten out of Tom Lee's - he was carrying a Tom Lee's bag and he had one of those Ibanez "bass startup" kits! :D

Regardless of whether or not he sticks with bass, he still started on bass, so he'll (hopefully) always be able to play... :D

It was especially significant to me, because I was testing 12-string acoustic guitars in hopes of buying one for use at church and for some song writing. I wrote a new song (sort of) and wanted to know how it sounded on a 12-string. :D While testing them, there was a guy who was wanking away at some guitars, and he kept stopping and saying, "Crap. I forgot how to play it..." which seemed pretty obvious to me that he learned all that stuff specifically to show off in stores when he tests guitars.
    I, on the other hand, was playing what I would be playing on the guitars - which is what you should do, right?

Anyway, that's not the point of the story. The point of the story is that the world has seen the birth of a new bass player. :D

2. And all the Angels of the Lord rejoiced and celebrated the birth of the newborn bassist!

:D :D :D