Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And another bridge ?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by River Gambler, Jun 26, 2005.

1. River Gambler

River Gambler

Feb 10, 2005
    How much difference is in string through the body and strings through just the bridge? THX Tom

2. With no real basis behind it other than my ear, I'd say that it doesn't do too much.

3. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Here comes the can of worms. A search will bring tons of hits on this topic. In threory, it shouldn't make any difference, but there are some that swear it does.

4. Yeah, that's why I didn't say anything too firmly because someone would say otherwise, and then proceed to absolutely own me with technical details that I probably won't fully grasp. Then someone else would come in with their opinion, and absolutely own me with technical details I probably won't fully grasp. Then come the charts and numbers.....

5. River Gambler

River Gambler

Feb 10, 2005
    :bassist: Thanks, don't want to let the worms out. That's all I need to know. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I'll show the progress on my bass. Tom

Pamele Sapele top
    Lacewood body
    Curly maple and Purple heart 5 piece neck
    Ziricote fret board
    Bart BC4BC-B neck
    Bart BC4BC-T bridge pups

6. Snap, I'm sure that it's hot... Especially if the top was attractive enought to cover up lacewood.

7. River Gambler

River Gambler

Feb 10, 2005
    I don't really like the idea of covering the Lacewood but, I'm using it for its tone. The Pamele Sapele is worthy of being on top. It's some really awsome looking wood. Besides the Lacewood is 1.5" thick so alot of it will be exposed on the back. Tom

8. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I'm kinda glad the lacewood is being covered :bag:. I've never really liked the look of it on a bass, because it is so busy that it almost detracts from the instrument's overall look.