1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

And for you teenaged guys out there, some bad news.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Mar 13, 2008.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    NFI why this was on a Japanese news site.... Maybe Maki did the reasearch.

CHICAGO — One in four teenage girls in the United Sates has been infected with at least one sexually transmitted disease, according to a study released Tuesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The first study to examine the combined national prevalence of common STDs among adolescent women in the United States estimates that at least 3.2 million teens aged 14 to 19 are currently infected.

Since the study only tested for the four most common sexually transmitted diseases, it is possible that the total prevalence among U.S. teens is greater than the study's rate of 26%, the authors warned.

"Today's data demonstrate the significant health risk STDs pose to millions of young women in this country every year," said Kevin Fenton, director of the CDC's National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention.

"Given that the health effects of STDs for women — from infertility to cervical cancer — are particularly severe, STD screening, vaccination and other prevention strategies for sexually active women are among our highest public health priorities."

Half of the 838 girls who participated in the study reported ever having sex and of those, 40% were infected with an STD.

African-American girls were particularly at risk: 48% of all African-American girls were infected with an STD compared to 20% of white teens tested.

The most common STD overall was human papillomavirus, or HPV, with an infection rate of 18.3%.

Chlamydia was discovered in 3.9% of the teens, trichomoniasis in 2.5% and herpes in 1.9%.

Among teens who had an STD, 15% had more than one.

Infections rate rose to 50% among girls with three or more partners while 20% of those who had only had sex with one person had been infected.

"High STD infection rates among young women, particularly young African-American women, are clear signs that we must continue developing ways to reach those most at risk," said John Douglas, director of the CDC's Division of STD Prevention.

"STD screening and early treatment can prevent some of the most devastating effects of untreated STDs."

The CDC recommends HPV vaccination for all girls and women between the age of 11 and 26 and annual Chlamydia screening for sexually active women under the age of 25.

While most HPV infections will clear on their own, some will persist and can cause cervical cancer.

Two other studies released Tuesday found inadequate screening of high-risk teens.

The first found that just 27% of young women seeking emergency contraception were screened for chlamydia or gonorrhea.

The second found that only 38% of young women receiving contraceptive services associated with unprotected sex such as pregnancy tests were offered STD testing, counseling or treatment.

2. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    That's pretty bad.

I don't know if it's that bad here, might be at my school.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    bring a flashlight next time you go spelunking down there. Visual examination FTW!

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yep. Not a big surprise. Most girls seem want to install a revolving door down there...

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.

Cover your stump before you hump.

Put a kevlar on your soldier

6. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Guess who gave them those diseases?

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Yeah, a friend of mine told me that a day or two ago...

Seriously a mood killer.

8. Carrots?

9. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    I like to think it was another girl. :)

10. Checkity check yourself before you wreckity wreck yourself.

11. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    It's a never ending race between the rise of the infections and the rise of the awareness.

12. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    IN A WORLD WHERE ALMOST HALF OF THE HOT WOMEN HAVE STD'S, ONE MAN STANDS TALL TO FIGHT AGAINST THE RISE OF THE INFECTIONS, HIS NAME? THE AWARENESS

13. Just avoid that 4th girl and you'll be fine.

14. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou

Actually that is exactly how people really think when making sexual choices. I deal with those who slept with the ones that looked too healthy to have HIV. Wrap that rascal.

15. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    IDK about that one.

HPV isn't testable unless you have symptoms.

1/3 adults will contract that at one point in their lives statistically.

16. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Wow, I agree with that other guy- huge mood killer. Sadly enough, I don't doubt that a bit. Especially with the chicks at my school...

17. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    Part of me just died.

This almost makes me not want to have sex. :atoz:

Almost.

18. i wouldn't be surprised if the rate was higher at my school >_>

19. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    :atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz::atoz:

lol, when did this atoz smilie pop up?!?

20. I haven’t felt like this since I found out what popping the cherry is.:atoz: