Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And grandma is dead...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    So, my grandma died today... She has had alzheimers since i was 5, and i havent gone to see her for like 5 years... plus, she was "gone" yeras ago, her body just quit today... so no tears there... but still a little sad...

Uncle Richard and Aunt Becky got in a wreck on the motorcycle...

My little sister is probably getting surgery...

My girlfriend is gone for most of the break...

I went to an Adema concert tonight.... and they actually kick ass live. Really bassy... and the drums are in your face.

How was your day?

2. Sorry to hear about all the bad crap that happened :meh:

I am ok I guess...

I went to bed at like 9:00pm last night which just feels weird.

Take care

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    my 90 year old grandfather got mugged on thursday. he's ok, but the prick got $800 from him.

i found out yesterday that yes, i do need nasal recostructive surgery for a deviated septum and other issues.

i have purchased _0_ presents so far.

i've had a sinus infection and a sore throat for the past week.

one of the cats barfed on the bed. while i was in it. yuck.

today's shaping up to be epic. sigh.

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, and condolences about your grandmother. terrible thing to happen at christmastime.

5. Sorry to hear that, Mike.

6. im really sorry for you mike, i know it hurts even if she wasn't completely herself.

Also, JT, is there any chance the cops might catch (or are even looking for) the guy that mugged your grandpa? the very idea that people in this world are that sick disgusts me, i hope he gets whats coming to him.

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks :). it's a pretty small town where i'm originally from, less than 20k people, so the guy's not going to be able to hide forever. they got a pretty good description/composite drawing of the guy and put it in the paper. we can only hope.

8. I'm getting digital cable today...

But my cat bit me.

So... average for me.

9. $800?!

Ugh...thats,just ugh.:rolleyes:

Kaz,maybe you should train your keety not to bite master. :)

Have a good day guys:meh:

10. good, glad to see that you guys went to the authorities and that they actually took action. my mother was once in a gas station and some guy came in a robbed the place. the cops didnt get there for about 15 minutes and when they did they said there was nothing they could do. they didnt even look at the video tape :meh: anyways, heres to hoping they catch the jerk.

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Well, i just recovered from laser eye surgery and now I DONT NEED LENSES ANYMORE :hyper::bassist: :cool:

12. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    good luck with that, i had that surgery two years ago and it went just fine... this and the eye surgery above are the only ones i had been thru

13. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Man, seems like Christmas season this year is bringing out the suck for everyone. Condolences Mike, so sorry to hear of that.

JT: Hope you get well soon, and when they catch this guy, that you do some reconstructive work on his nose too.

14. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    lol, yeah, or deconstructive surgery is more like it.

15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good luck everyone. Mike, sorry to hear it. I know how you feel though, I lost a grandma to Alzheimer's. JT, hope the thief gets what he deserves. I thought I had it bad with the family flu! :(

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Lets all organize a mass suicide!

Or worse yet, lets all go see LiNkIn PaRk 2 shw how angry we r.

17. I had a bloody stool the other day.

18. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    This morning, my moms dog jumped on my bed, and vomited all over my sheets, I can't find a job in my future wifes city and I'm getting married the 28th of Feburary. My family has never celebrated any of the big holidays, so even if I wanted to take part, no presants for me, so therefore, NO PRESANTS FOR ANYONE. I need a new 15 peavey basket for my old black widow cab, my amp is flaking out sometimes for no reason, I have hypertension at the age of 19, and my skin is so bad on my back it's like the return of Satan VS Job. Stress Migraines brought on by....er...stress feel good to.

But hey, at least i'm living. Could be worse. Could have been horse dookie on the sheets.

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sorry about your grandma. I went and saw The Nutscratcher today.

20. Thanks for telling us?:confused: :)