Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And justice for all ... the unknown Sadowsky 3962!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by michele, Mar 9, 2005.

1. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    On october 2003 while on honeymoon in NYC I bought this beauty just from Roger's hands:

[​IMG]

The bass was just entering in the soundroom and I was just jumping into the shop to bring a set of my favourite strings for a Vintage 4 I ordered some days before: a quick glance, 5 minutes playing .... I fell in love, cancelled the previously ordered bass, bought it immediately ... the bass leave the shop (and the USA) without a single photo to be put on Roger's website!
    It has an unusual combination of swamp ash body and madegascar rosewood fingerboard. In the shop I tried a lot of ash/maple and alder/rosewood and each one was spectacular in its own way BUT I just can't put in words HOW MUCH I like this combo. The usual brightness of the swamp ash is somewhat "rounded" by the madegascar rosewood board: the result is a punch, warm, extremely defined tone ... Heaven for "J-Bass growl" lovers!
    The fingeboard has that chocolate colour with dark stripes ...

[​IMG]

So, what else to say ... excuse me if I didn't post it into the "Sadowsky Gallery" thread (of course I'll do it :D ) but IMO this beauty needed a "solo-thread".
    And now, all you "Sadowsky Maniacs" out there ... pay tribute to the (until now) "Unknown Sadowsky n° 3962"!!! ;)

2. Beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Looks like it could almost be a twin to my #2151!

3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Very nice. Congrats!

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Woah.

5. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

absolutely awesome !!

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Beautiful :)

7. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Thanks guys! It just need a fretless brother! :D

8. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Cool. Kinda looks like mine

Rob

9. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Yes! Another beaut for the "nice top" team. Hey Basse, mine's a cousin to yours.