1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

And so...my bass journey begins

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by progrmr, Sep 8, 2008.

1. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Finally...never ordering online again (been a week! ;) )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Setup/action looks good. Going to tune and start with the basic plucking technique. :hyper::hyper:

2. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Welcome to the lower end of the Earth!

3. Thats a great axe to start with IMO.

Have fun!!

4. xanderjbass

xanderjbass

Jul 19, 2008
    Los Angeles
    What kind of amp do you have or are planning to get?

5. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    I picked up a used Fender BXR 60 - its rocking the house already and I don't even have it on 3 lol.

My tuner is acting weird though...it's supposed to do both bass and guitar. I get the E string OK, but the A, D, G don't seem to pick up right.

6. Check your pickup height maybe?

7. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    I got it - the A string was pretty tight. But I got it and it sounds very good. Well, good technically but not very good with my newbie fingers on it yet.

I'm going to start slow. Tough because I want to jam but how can you jam when you don't know anything?? lol. I love it!

8. Thats a sweet lookin bass right there my man!

9. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Welcome my friend! Nice axe! Keep up the practicing, and you'll be jamming with friends in no time! Playing with people is always the best way to learn, in my opinion, so never turn down a opportunity to play, especially with somebody better than you.