1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

...and still waiting

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Ethanator, Oct 19, 2010.

1. after months of saving, i finally placed an order for an esp ltd d6 with the guitar center on september 5th. at the time, the page said that they had more on order, due in the warehouse in kansas city on september 18th. "ok, i can wait" i figured. well, september 18th comes around. i get on my computer to find an email saying that they still had not received my bass, but that it would be in stock on september 30th. september 30th i check my computer to find that the date has now changed to october 10th. so i play the waiting game until that day, when i send the gc an email asking what the deal is. i was then given a new date of november 5th. tired of waiting, i canceled my order with the guitar center and search for other websites that actually had one in stock. this past saturday i ordered it from the perfect bass. yesterday, i was sitting at the river campus (a separate campus here at southeast missouri state dedicated to the fine arts) when i get a call from somebody at tpb to verify credit card information, and am informed that my bass will be shipped that afternoon. for a few minutes i was having a great day, until not 20 minutes later, i get a call saying that the bass was found to be defective somehow during inspection, is not sellable, and there will be more in stock the first week of november. so now im stuck waiting until the same time i would have had i stuck with the guitar center. REALLY?!?!?!
    [/rant] :bag:

2. ThoDamned

ThoDamned

Jun 26, 2010
    I'm feeling with you. I've tried the same once. Also with an LTD bass. Took me about a month and a half to finally get the bass

3. I had the same thing happen when I bought my sansamp. GC and MF both had them on backorder for ever. I finally called American Musical Supply and they had 25 in stock. I had it in two days or so.

BnB

4. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Oh the pain GAS can cause. Sorry to hear this sad report man...

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Just realize this isn't the fault of the places you're buying from. TPB actually did you a favor, too, by pulling it and inspecting it before they shipped it. Did you ask what the damage was and if you could purchase it anyway?