Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

... and SVT-810E's rained down from the heavens

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FishBulb, May 11, 2004.

1. Today was my lucky day, and I figured that some of you bass players out there would appreciate this.

The Ampeg rep came into the store I work in and said he had to find an SVT-810e for the Rev. Horton Heat's bass player, Jimbo.

It turns out that a wheel busted off one of his enclosures and took some wood with it and he was due to get a new one. The only store that had one in stock was the local GC, so after stopping at our place showing off some new specials and product, doing his rep thing, he ran down to GC and then to First Avenue, where the Rev was playing tommorrow night. He offered to get me on the list, but alas, it's an early show and I'm working. However, he left one of his samples in the store and I ran out to let him know he still had one piece left. I walked him back to the store, and he asked if any of my customers needed an 810 on the cheap and I couldn't think of anyone, and I wasn't looking, but it piqued my interest.

I asked how cheap, and well, he gave me a number that was, oh lets say $600 cheaper than what Musicians Friend is selling them for.

He took off, I ran home, made sure I could fit an 810 in my Acura Integra Hatchback, and it's doable, but not great and gave him a call on his cell. He called me right after he left First Ave and met me at the store, and now I've got a killer deal on a killer 810e. I just need to do some patching and reinforcement of the cabinet, and our PA guy assured me it would be easy.

It hasn't been pushed too hard, all the cones are in great shape, no creasing or rubbing, and he assured me that if I found something wrong with one of the speakers, he'd send me new ones.

Now I just have to get it past the Fiance. Thankfully she like the Reverend Horton Heat.

FishBulb
    Proud SVT-810E owner

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    yeah. i got my Ampeg PR410hlf for only $400, on musiciansfriend it is $1000. so i saved $600 in mint condition also.

3. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Righteous. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

4. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I am a huge Rev fan. They are from here in Dallas. Thats cool that you were offered to be on the list at the show as well..sweet deal on the cab

5. Yeah, I wish I wasn't working. However, I do have my own little piece of the Rev.

FishBulb

6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    What music store do you work at?

7. My Music Store in Golden Valley.

My Music Store on the web.

We do lots of cool product, G&L, Lakland, SWR, Parker, Stewart Audio, Tech 21, cool used stuff, etc. If I can clearance out a bunch of our used bass amp stuff we'll be picking up Ampeg as well.

FishBulb

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    That's awesome. That's about a mile away from my Grandma's house, I've driven by there a bunch, and thought about stopping by...

9. Ask for Andrew, I'm there way too often, not Tuesdays, and we're closed Sundays.

FishBulb (Andrew)

10. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Will do. Do you guys have used stuff??

11. Tons, and I need to get rid of a lot of it, and I've got plenty of room to work with on the Used side of things.

FishBulb