1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"And the bass came back...."

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, Mar 17, 2009.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    ..."The very next day....":p

How many people here have had a bass you've previously owned come back to you? It has happened to me on several occasions. I have had the following come back into my possession after selling them off...

4 string R bass in Ipe
    4 string R bass in Rosewood
    Nordstrand singlecut 4 (the infamous chestnut bass)
    and now....drumroll please....

I am getting back my Nordstrand 4 string custom "Adrian Garcia" shaped bass! It has a northern ash body, a SICK amboyna burl top, really busy birdseye maple board with pearl block inlays, small frets, Nordstrand Big Singles and an Aguilar 3 band preamp!

Getting it back will be like seeing an old friend again! I'll be getting it tomorrow....pics to follow! Really, it is only 1 of 2 Adrian Garcia basses Carey made. Adrian wanted an F bass-influenced body, so Carey made him a custom shape, and now that A is gone, it is an honor to have this back in my possesion. Not only does it look incredible, it has tone for days, and is a very fast player.

Has anyone else here had a bass come back to them?

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I had an L-2000 signature in the mid-90's that I sold because I didn't like the feel of the neck. Also, I was kind of forced to use it in a studio in '97, when I really wanted to use my pre-EB Stingray. Ayway, I had written down the serial number for insurance purposes, and when it came up on ebay in 2003, I verified with the owner it was my old bass and bought it in a fit of nostalgia. I kept it for a year or two before selling it again, for the same reason I sold it the first time.

3. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    My '08 MIA Precision came home to me recently after I foolishly traded it away. It's home for good. :)

4. jmattis

jmattis Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Washington DC
    Just went through the same thing with my G&L L-2500. Kudos to vroc for being awesome and making it happen.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I had an Elrick singlecut 4-string that I sold then bought back around a year later. It was featured in Bass World magazine, had a 34" scale, and had a thicker neck than most Elricks. Loved it- sold it initially to buy my Looperlative, bought it back because I missed it, sold it again when I gave up on 4-strings. It's quite similar to the Elrick singlecut 6 I use now as they both have a 34" scale, mahogany body, maple neck, and macassar ebony board. It'd be nice to have it back again even if I didn't play it much.

[​IMG]

Even my daughter liked it :D
    [​IMG]

6. You can get it back- it's up for sale:

http://bassgear.com/ - search "Elrick" :):)

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Oh I've seen it- getting it back would mean I'd have to have a spare $1750 though :D Anyone want to float me a loan? ;)

8. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Pic's?

9. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    !!! Dangit! My dream bass for sale and I'm broke...

10. I traded my beloved Conklin Rocco to a guy, who sold it to a guy, who sold it back to me. Thank God!

In 1981 I ordered a new Steinberger, sold it foolishly a couple years later. It's #82, and if I ever see it for sale I'll prolly have to pay big style to get it back. (gulp)

11. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    My first bass, a Squier Precision, was sold to fund my second bass. Three years and three owners later, I bought it back for roughly 1/3 what I sold it for, for sentimental purposes.

I did end up selling it again, though...

12. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

This is funny.
    I just got back a 1993 Warmoth P-bass I put together.
    One piece Alder body
    Two Bart. Soapbar pickups. (Passive)
    Badass bridge.
    1972-Percision neck.

This bass was stolen in 1997. from a gig.
    And wound up in a friends music store as a trade in.
    It plays and sounds great.