and the dilemna presses onward

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XxBassmanxX, Nov 22, 2001.

1. XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Ok heres the deal....

I was all set to grab a conklin 7 string this christmas with the trade of my fender and my rik +500 bucks. I was expecting to get this money from my parents and my job. While ago i discussed this with my mom and she said no freaking way i was gonna sell my rick (what a coincidence considering i had to BEG BEG BEG to get this one). Anyway the only way i stand a chance is to make the money working which will take me a very long time. Also i have to audition for a big jazzband in april next year and i have got to have a new bass by then. I saw a galveston 8 string on ebay with active circut for like 400 bucks. The reviews are good and i could get it fast enough to be really comfortable by the audition. You think i should do it or by the conklin and hope im good on it by the audition?
  2. Galveston's really arn't that great of basses when you get into the higher strings. I like my 4 string p-clone though. Go for the conklin, they're grrrrrrreat!
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I have the Galveston 12er, and it's got enough problems (hey, it was cheap) that I would worry about the 8.

A Fender, a Ric, and $500 for a GT-7? That sounds odd. Or are you talking about an non-Groove-Tools one? I'd go for the GT-7 way before the Galveston 8.
  4. why do you "got to have" a new bass for the audition?
    ricks are awesome, do you need a multi string or something?
    are the fender and rick in bad shape? both of those should last a lifetime in the durabillity dept. but neither is a 7.
    and, have you ever played a 7?
    what if its not for you?
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, me too.
  6. wait a darn minute here. the retail price of a GT-7 is $1000. are you talking about a GT-7 or a custom job?