And the Pats take it!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Who are the Pats and what did they take?
  2. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    yea baby - now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!!! Kinda makes up for the Steelers ending the streak, eh?

3. It's an Irish gang up here, everyone is named Pat.

And they stole my bicycle.
  4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Yeah.... that definately makes up for the streak! :D Dynasty, baby - DYNASTY!!!
  5. They just keepin their level heads and pullin it off. Amazing.
  6. Bah, I was hoping the Steelers would take it. The Pats were just all over the Steelers' offence, and Big Ben couldn't do much. I guess the deserving team won... although I'm definitely rooting for the Eagles in the Super Bowl.
  7. I knew they would, but that is cause I am a New Englander :smug:
  8. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    WOO HOO! Way to go Patriots! Only one more win to go.
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    <----Steelers fan. :(

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Woo Hoo!!! :bassist:

<--off to delete my thread and pretend I did see this one and never made the other....
  11. All I will say is that the Steelers should NEVER have gone for the field goal on that 4 & goal in the second half. IT WAS TWO FREAKING YARDS!! I'M THAT TALL!! JUST LAY DOWN!!

Doesn't really matter, though. Seattle lost, then Greenbay, then Minnesota. There's nothing left to root for.

I did want the Steelers to win, though, just to see what kind of riots would be sparked in Pennsylvania before, during, and after the Super Bowl.:D

Rock on
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yikes. i was flying back from the namm show when this happened, and only heard the score. sounds like the pittsburgh defense got served. :(
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yep....Brady found Willie Williams and Chad Scott...then proceeded to tear them apart.

14. I'm just tired of them always being played up as the underdog. No respect. But, I guess that adds to the drama.

But it's equally tired how the media kisses their asses AFTER they trounce the favorites.

And as far as Dynasty goes, they should get that accolade already, for all the butt kicking they've done the past few seasons.

But I will not jinx nothin, I will just heat up some hot wings, and get fat.

Err, fatter. :smug:
  15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Actually, the Pats were the FAVORITE yesterday, although the talking heads on CBS were mostly on the Steelers/Roethlisberger bandwagon (hey, so was I, honestly).

Yes, they are a dynasty, best team in the NFL without question. Part of why I was rooting against them is my ingrained "root against the obvious choice" psychosis (see also: New Orleans Saints fan, Chicago Cubs fan). At least they're not obnoxious like the Cowboys were back in the 70's....

....I despise that team to this day for that whole "America's Team" crud....

^*()#%^@ you, I'll choose my own team to root for! :spit:

Pats - Iggles, should be a good game, but I'm stickin' with my prediction: Whoever won in Heinz Field will win the SB.

Gettin' fatter? I resemble that remark! :hyper: :help:

Hats off to the Pats, great win yesterday.
  16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Exactly, growing up in Plymouth Ma. listening to people talk about how the cowboys were their favorite team has made me a Patriots fan first, then whomever is playing the Cowboys fan second.

I will also join the fattening process for the SB.
  17. Well, just bought my squares on the office pool, so, hopefully I can get fat AND richer.

I can taste the hotwings now.
  18. klorence

Nov 21, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA

You can imagine the post-game depression, dissection, and analysis around here. Although I've been reading it all, I'm too sad to think about it. Either that, or I'm still frozen solid, as I attended that HUGELY disappointing event last night at Heinz field.

Yeah, the field goal was just dumb. Still don't understand that one.

The Pats are a good team, but I (and a lot of other Steeler fans) really thought we could do it. Heck, we did before.

The rookie factor definitely played into it, but I think only because the media hyped it up so much - eventually, it seeped into their heads.

Go Philly.
  19. I admit I felt really bad when the stadium started clearing out after the 3rd quarter...already a not-packed house...