Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And the waiting begins...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Danny Adair, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Just ordered a Bergantino 1x12 cabinet from the greatness of Bass Central! Now I just have to wait for UPS! :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to get it by Wednesday (longshot) or Thursday. With a gigs Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, I should be able to have a full report soon!

2. blamkin

blamkin

Nov 28, 2001
    Broomfield, Co
    I'd love to hear your comments when you have them -- I'm looking for a small gig/ practice cab, and this guy (and the EA) are at the top of my list.

I'll look over your profile to see what basses and amps you're using...

Thanks!
    --Bill

3. Congrats Danny. The 30 minutes I've spent with one was pretty convincing. I haven't had a chance to try it at lower volumes (store was busy and loud), so I would be interested in a comparison with your contra for small gigs.

BTW, your 3 faces of jazz in the "action" thread were great. :D

4. Thanks!

If you can't laugh at yourself...

I will be sure to post a review as soon as I log enough time to get a good read on the new box. I am looking forward to seeing how the combination of the Berg and a GK 800RB stands up to higher volume situations.

At lower volumes, I find the Contra to be incredibly great at projecting an open, natural, and acoustic sound with the DB. At higher volumes, the Contra's sound gets very "hot" and "electric" - the sound just closes up.

I hope that a cab that can withstand transients and a more even amplifier will help with the big casuals. Last night was a 21,000 s.f. ballroom - the Contra wasn't that happy with the barn-burner Sinatra tunes!