And the waiting begins...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Danny Adair, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Just ordered a Bergantino 1x12 cabinet from the greatness of Bass Central! Now I just have to wait for UPS! :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to get it by Wednesday (longshot) or Thursday. With a gigs Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, I should be able to have a full report soon!

2. blamkin

blamkin

Nov 28, 2001
    Broomfield, Co
    I'd love to hear your comments when you have them -- I'm looking for a small gig/ practice cab, and this guy (and the EA) are at the top of my list.

I'll look over your profile to see what basses and amps you're using...

Thanks!
    --Bill

3. Congrats Danny. The 30 minutes I've spent with one was pretty convincing. I haven't had a chance to try it at lower volumes (store was busy and loud), so I would be interested in a comparison with your contra for small gigs.

BTW, your 3 faces of jazz in the "action" thread were great. :D

4. Thanks!

If you can't laugh at yourself...

I will be sure to post a review as soon as I log enough time to get a good read on the new box. I am looking forward to seeing how the combination of the Berg and a GK 800RB stands up to higher volume situations.

At lower volumes, I find the Contra to be incredibly great at projecting an open, natural, and acoustic sound with the DB. At higher volumes, the Contra's sound gets very "hot" and "electric" - the sound just closes up.

I hope that a cab that can withstand transients and a more even amplifier will help with the big casuals. Last night was a 21,000 s.f. ballroom - the Contra wasn't that happy with the barn-burner Sinatra tunes!