Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And then there were four...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Supernova67, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Supernova67

Supernova67

Jun 21, 2005
    Michigan
    ok this is what's goin on.........i'm upgrading from a Squier MB5 5 string......my budget is about $600 max and i need a 5 string that's good for just about everything. i've narrowed it down to the following.

-G&L Tribute L-2500
    -Cort Curbow 5
    -Ibanez SRX 505
    -Schecter Custom 5

what do you guy think would be best in the terms of reliability,versatility, and gigablilty?(i need to come up with new words) If you think you know of something that's better that keeps in the trend of these basses i'm open to suggestions just keep in mind the budget and that i live in the middle of nowhere so i'll prolly have to buy online (and yes i have played all the basses listed above)....o and ebay is my friend :D

2. You will not find an instrument as comfortable as the Ibanez SR505. Forget the X, and trust me. I do not own one, but having played one, I can definitely say it sounds and feels... right.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Out of those id go for the G&l

4. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    +1

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I think the G&L would be the one that I would go with. Out of those you listed, I think, IMHO, it will be the most versatile out of the bunch.