1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

And what about Lakland players !!??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jablues, Apr 9, 2006.

1. jablues

jablues

Oct 17, 2005
    Seville, Spain.
    A call for all Lakland (passive and actives ones) players. Which is your rig ??
    Mine is an Aggie DB750 and two Eden 410XLT and I think it fits really well with my US Joe Osborn, Darryl 5 and Bob Glaub.

J.

2. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I play my Ash/Maple Skyline Glaub w/ TIs through my B100R.

Huge, smooth, yet articulate tone. I love it.

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I have a Skyline Joe Osborn that I play through a Mesa M-Pulse 600 that powers an Aguilar GS210 and GS112. It sounds killer!

Tube warmth, pillowy, fat bottom and nice punch.

4. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    Hi Jablues,

I play Lakland skyline Glaub(car)
    also on order is a Duck Dunn
    right now i'm using:
    swr original electric blue head
    dr.bass bl 1260 3way cabinet
    ea cxl 110
    sabddi

love my lakies

cheers

5. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Gold Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    I'm using a 55-94 (quilt top and birdseye neck) with TI flats into a Glockenklang HeartCore into two Aggie GS112's. Sounds great! I put the flats on to get a different type of sound than my other basses.

Dan K.

6. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    I'm running my Skyline Jerry Scheff and USA tigertop fretless Scheff through various combinations of:
    GK 150 MBIII
    SWR 350 Chromeface
    Bag End S-15
    SWR Workingmans 1-15

Grrrrrrrrrr! I love my Scheffs!

7. rporcupine

rporcupine

Jun 7, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    i know ben kenny of incubus plays a lakland jazz, anybody know what amp etc he uses? ive never been able to find out..

8. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Supro, Mesa Boogie, DR Strings, Source Audio, Pigtronix, & Fishman
    Aguilar DB750 plus a Berg NV610 with my Lakland USA Hollowbody and a 55-94 (when I actually get to play 5 string on a gig).

I am on the hunt for a USA JO ......and I want a Gaulb....oh and then a Decade........ok, also a DJ 4......that's it I swear.

9. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I recall an article in BP magazine a year or two ago. I believe he uses a Mesa M-Pulse 600 and Mesa cabs.

10. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    55-94 Deluxe player here. I've been through a ton of cabs and I've finally landed on Avatar neos, 210/212, being driven by a Genz Benz GBE500H. Ain't the best tone that I've owned but it's really easy to transport and the sound that it makes is pretty darn good.

11. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I have a natural/rosewood 55-02. Today it goes through my GK MB150S.

I just bought a GK 1001RB-II from a fellow TB'er and I have a pair of Dr. Bass RX112 Neos wired for bi-amping that should be done around the end of the month. Can't wait to try that combination!

12. appler

appler Guest

I play my Skyline Joe Osborn 5 through an Acoustic Image Clarus into a Bag End S15-D. Not too many options equalizically speaking, but it sounds quite good. emblymouse, how is the GK MB150 + Bag End combination? I've been thinking about getting one of those combos and using the Bag End as an extension speaker.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Deluxe 55-94, usually into a WT-800 and one D-410XLT. I also play it through a DB-750 and HT322.

14. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I play a Lakland DJ5 w/J-retro through an ancient GK400RB into an ancient Hartke 410XL and an Avatar B212.

Needless to say, I'm trying hard to upgrade my rig. It sounds pretty good now, but could be a whole lot better.

I was blown away by how the Lakland sounded through a Bergantino IP310 that I had the privilege of trying. My wife knows how badly I want it, and my birthday is coming up next month, but she might get me an Ashdown ABM 500 or a Traynor YBA 200 instead. I might have to wait quite a long while for that Bergantino. :(

My wife does surprise me now and then, however. :D

15. Although I'm still looking for the "perfect rig", I'm currently playing my 55-94 through a DB750 and a EA VL-210 and CXL112.

16. funkbass

funkbass

Dec 9, 2004
    Hey- multiple Laklands thru:
    GK 800 rb and Eden 410T cab or 2- 410T'S
    Walter Woods Super thru Epifani 310UL cab

17. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    It has become my go to combination lately. It has it's limit volume wise but depending on your gigs it may cover you very well. I think it's an excellent blend with the 12 and 15. I switch from the Lakland to a Clevinger EUB and with a little tweak I've got great tone for both worlds. And you can't beat the minimal packaging!

18. Lakland Darrly Jones 5 (w/Fralins) through a Gallien Krueger 800RB and an Epifani 1x15 cab. Sounds awesome.

(though I've yet to play a bass through an Epifani that didn't...:p )

19. MiniMic

MiniMic

Sep 29, 2001
    Syracuse NY
    My Lakland USA Hollowbody and my Skyline Daryl Jones 4, and my Skyline Hollowbody fretless all love being amplified by my ALL Aguilar rig(DB-680, into an AG-500 then into my GS-212 cab. Sweet bass sounds from all 3 Basses. Yes!!!

20. vroc38

vroc38

Jan 5, 2006
    Seattle
    My 55-94 Deluxe and DJ5 sound great through this rig. I'll probably wind up with a DB750 before long, which ought to sound pretty dang good too.

[​IMG]