Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And what sound would that be?!?!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_player_cd, May 21, 2002.

1. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    If anybody knows what effects cliff burton used in the song damage inc. please tell me. I know for sure he uses the morley wah and a delay, but the way it sounds, i think he uses something else with it. not being an expert myself i thought the all omnipotent members at the talkbass forum could help. For those of you who dont know who or what song I'm talkin about (in other words, the idiots), Its Metallica, and the album is Master of Puppets. thanks alot.

Matt

2. I havent heard the song, but if you tell me what it sounds like, I might be able to help you out.

3. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    well first the note fades in (getting louder and standing out more) then you hear a "clip" or "scratch" like sound followed imediately after that and that sound echos a couple times. on some of the notes he uses the morley wah when it echos. Just find someone who has the cd or find a site that has an audio clip. It is a very mysterious, soothing bass intro. I have the morley wah pedal for it but the bastard broke on me. the lights not turning on and it doesnt work when i plug it in so it must have broke something inside, or its the plug-in. I think Morley should revise it.