Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And which TB DBer does this best resemble?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bob Gollihur, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
  2. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Bob, not to go off topic in your thread, but have you heard that the Cleveland Clinic is looking for another person for their laryngeal transplant program? The first was a screaming success now they wish to press on. Just a thought.

Mike

BTW, you are still my hero.

3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Yes, I do hear of continuing work in that area, as well as a greater emphasis on larynx-sparing procedures for new patients with laryngeal cancer. It will be thirteen years for me in July, I guess I'm kind of used to it now, but I am pleased that advances may reduce the number of total laryngectomees out there.

Ya'know, I don't think I'd go for a transplant if it were offered to me, at least until the success results in full restoration with true, complete vocal abilities. The antirejection meds, in addition to the procedure itself, make it unattractive. I suffer enough side-effects from all the meds I'm on now! :eek: The results I get from the Singer-Blom prosthesis are very good, I am lucky in that regard.