And who said guitarists couldn't play bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rangerz715, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Check this out....

pretty cool?

2. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    Actually, I've always been pretty impressed every time I have heard a guitarist pick up a bass... granted they always played with a pick, but either way, I've always been impressed (they were good guitarists tho)... I think it's because the guys I'm talking about are good at solo's, so they pick up my bass and play a guitar solo asnd i'm like "wow dude"...

That dude rocks! makes you wanna go pick up an acoustic geetar! damn..
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Holy (Covert but obvious expletive deleted by moderator. C'mon, folks, read the rules...). Who is that guy?
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    There was already a thread on this called "so this is what happens when you give a bassist a guitar" or something.
  5. Pretty boring but those faces he was making were hilarious haha
  6. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    that's an awesome short scale ABG! a 6 stringer too. and who said victor wooten uses light gauge strings?

;) :D :p

7. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    Boring? you honestly find that boring? I mean, okay, it isn't too deadly or anything but c'mon.. give the dude some credit atleast, he took something that could have been really boring and made it pretty interesting... I thought it was pretty darn creative!

Ah well, you have your opinion and I have mine..

I think i'm cursed by my sig.
  8. Oh I give him credit for putting the time into practicing, I just don't get into that kind of thing on acoustic guitar.
  9. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

two words....Reggie Wooten.

taught Victor everything he knows (according to Vic)
  10. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
  11. wakizashi

Dec 5, 2003
    I said guitarists can't play bass (without a pick but thats not the point):spit: :bassist:
  12. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    IMO....WOW :eek:
    I did some research. The guy is Justin King

I'm don't usually listen to guitar players much but I could really get into that
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Well I definately think he has some great talent.. I enjoy his tapping more than the slap stuff he was doing.. but I thought it interesting non the less
  14. hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    You hit it on the head. Those are the same licks from the Bass Day'98 video. Almost note for note in a couple places.
  15. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    There's a video on his website where he does some tapping with his left hand and some drumming on the body of the guitar with his right hand at the same time.

Pretty interesting.
  16. ok ok. I know frusciante is an awesome guitarist. But that dude and flea would make a uber bitchin duo.
  17. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    i tried watching the vids.. didn't work for me :( i need some kind of compressor?

18. jm1

Nov 12, 2003
    Tab please! :cool:
  19. Shouldn't it be , "Who said bassists can't play guitar?" ?? :)

Change it to that and you can shut ALOT of guitarists up :)