Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And You Thought A Thumb Had A Short Upper Horn

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea, so the body is kinda like a Steinberger headless, just with a little curve. Makes sense to me.

3. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Take note of the woodgrain in the bucket.

hmmmmmmmm........

4. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    "This bass...has a chamber inside of the body(see pic) which improves sustain... The body is made of three diffrent exotic woods spalted maple, flame maple, and african exotic wood, and the neck has burl maple top.

huh?

5. Ha ha , well i wonder did he make the bass body from timber left over from his "make a bucket" project!!!

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Except that this in sot a headless bass, which means the added weight of the headstock and tuners along with the tension from the strings pulling up there, coupled with the tiny semi-hollow body probably leads to major neck dive.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    That bass is nothing like a Steinberger, except that it has no horns.

Looks more like one of these to me. (If you want to comare it to something)

[​IMG]

8. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    IMHO... looks like an ugly, poorly thought-out bass. But then again, I've never played it and it probably sounds pretty good. The description is a bit vague though.

9. it is a tad unique...reminds me of a shovel more than a steinie....

hmmm..looks can be decieving though

10. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    HAH! The Bucket Bass!
    I like it! I'll used a well-rope strap.:D